PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

tapco
27-10-10, 09:25
Morning,

for the last few days I have been experiencing a kind of panic/ head rush. It comes and goes however its lingering longer and longer. I was trying to reduce my dose of Cit and then started to skip days. I suspect its this and the old anx is creeping back in.

anyone else have this?

Physical symptoms such as tight chest etc were pretty much eradicated by the cit but they too seem to be coming back.

I'm thinking of continuing the meds on the correct daily dose.

thanks in advance

sammi
27-10-10, 10:06
Hello

I do think its because you are skipping doses. If your trying to reduce your meds does your gp know? Please speak to your gp before trying to come off meds. Citalopram is good I was on it and I came off it without talking to my gp I was ok for a few months and then the anxiety was back so much worse. X

joannap
27-10-10, 10:56
the worst thing you can do lol is to skip days/doses when coming off ssris because of their half life etc - you end up all over the place. i took 20/15/10/7.5/5 nothing over a period of a year but lowering the dose every 2-3 weeks is fine. you will have to be prepared to suffer i am afraid when you come off them - they can make you feel awful for a few weeks whilst taking them and its the same when coming off x

diamonddoll
01-11-10, 11:37
I've just come off the pills completely, but when I was on them, I did the same thing as you - wanted to reduce my dose so sort of 'forgot' to take them for a day, and yes - that messed my body up quite a bit! The thing is, a couple of months ago, I ran out of Cit, and didn't get a chance to go to a Doctor. Having been on prozac before, where coming off abruptly gave me no problems at all, I just assumed Cit would be the same. Wow, I was wrong - I thought I was going to die, and it took me ages to connect this with coming off the pills, because it felt so much like flu. After an embarrassingly long time, I had the epiphany - must be the pills! So got back on them. After that, I thought I'd never be able to come off them, as I was so scared of going through the same thing.

To come back to your question, it most definitely is the skipping days that's causing your head zaps and dizziness. You'd be better, I think, to reduce the dose, then not skip days until you're on a much much much lower dose. That's what worked for me, and is the method I used to finally come off the pills, with minimal side effects. Good luck!