PDA

View Full Version : Chronic tension cures?

dodo
27-10-10, 11:03
My Dr doesn't seem to concerned about the pain and aching in my arms and legs so I have to now come to the terms with the fact it must be chronic tension.

Every night I go to bed relaxed but at some point in the night I become scrunched up in a ball with my shoulders round my ears and my jaw firmly clenched shut. I just don't know what I can do to stop this. It is making me feel so awful the next day. I can't describe how bad I feel but the lathargy of it all and having no strength is getting me down.

Please any ideas on how to get my muscles to relax and to try and free all the trapped nerves would really help.

I want to believe that this is all it is as every now and again my brain suddenly thinks tumour impinging on nerves, or MS etc etc.

bronte
27-10-10, 11:45
hi dodo i hold a lot of muscle tension in my pelvis which leads to alot of aches and pains and would love to know how to relax the muscles there and ive thought in the past all this pain cant just be muscle tension but it is x

dodo
27-10-10, 12:10
I think that's a tricky area. I have a lot of pain at the bottom of my back, where you bend and can feel it going down my legs etc but I'm not sure how you relax that one at all.

MidnightCalm
27-10-10, 16:12
I'd also like to know as I'm constantly in pain atm without reason.

luckylas
27-10-10, 20:41
Can tension be carried with no pain? I feel a dragging sensation in the arch of my back both sides of spine, I feel the need to stretch or rub the muscle?

PokerFace
27-10-10, 21:06
Can tension be carried with no pain? I feel a dragging sensation in the arch of my back both sides of spine, I feel the need to stretch or rub the muscle?
Yeaaa definatley. I get this all over my left shoulder and left side of my neck. Not painful very often but OMG such an annoying "strech me!" feeling. x

libby70
27-10-10, 22:28
hi its my first time on here but on and off been suffering with ha for 18 years it always seems to be at this time of year and now its in full swing thanks to the tingling and twitches and pains in my legs twitches in my hand and eye im always convinced its going to be something horrendous instead of something simple, why cant we reprogramme our thoughts to think positive instead of negative?

eternally optimistic
27-10-10, 22:35
Hi yah

I was suffering terribly from body aches, feeling like I had the flu all the time.

Making the bed, hoovering, walking about etc etc was a big problem for me.

I was put on citalopram for anxiety and I think it solved this problem for me.

I wasnt aware that I was suffering anxiety etc and that these symptoms were assocaited but, the tablets using them for a year made a massive difference.

I always look back now and say that it gave my body time to rest and put my nervous system back in place.

I am now more aware of tell tale signs and try and do my best to sort it out a different way.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.