PDA

View Full Version : terrified

dollar
27-10-10, 12:56
hello everyone,
I'm new on this board
I would be grateful if someone could reply to my post
In 31/01/2003 smear test came back as borderline.
since that time I have not back for doing smear test again because I have been through tough times I was almost dying.
so in 24/12/2007 smear test result appeared normal
in 04/12/2009 smear test result appeared normal
recently I'have been called up to do another one due 04/12/2010
I do not know why they are calling me up again is it because they are expecting worse to happen. I'm freaking out please help

best wishes

debs71
27-10-10, 13:56
Hi Dollar,

It must have been really worrying for you to get that test result in 2003, and my perception is that it struck the fear of God into you and now you are terrified about what the others will say, etc.

Babe, I think that it is very positive that they are calling you up for another. It is in no way that they think you are going to get ill, or have another abnormal one, but like any good health service they are regularly monitoring you due to that borderline test in 2003. Also, please bear in mind that you had TWO GOOD RESULTS since that one, so the first test may have been just a glitch, but they are just being cautious which is the best thing that they could be doing.

Try not to freak out hun and all the best.xxxxxxx:)

nomorepanic
27-10-10, 18:38
After an abnormal smear test you normally go back every year for 4 years I think it is.

You have had 2 clear ones so it will be fine I am sure.

Vixxy
27-10-10, 18:58
Hi there. I wouldn't worry. Because you have had a recent smear test even if there is a change it will have been caught before it had a chance to take hold.
The doctors are being cautious to make sure that they havn;t missed anything. It's nothing to worry about. :)
Generally the doctors will have you on a system in the practise that will make them contact you. For me I get a blood test alert every year, even if I only just had the test.
I'm sure the test will be fine again and you can get on with your life ^^