PDA

View Full Version : hello there

matted
27-10-10, 15:26
Hi

found this great resource last week had been researching after having a anxiety attack at a funeral and subsequent shakes and discomfort at other social events.

this stuff is new to me, I had been diagnosed with migraine @ 33 and had been suffering constant migraines for nearly 4 weeks - suspected to be a virus for 2 of those weeks.

those seem undercontrol now and I have a management plan (zomig & paramax as needed - not had to use for 4 weeks atm), but the confidence lost as a result of the migraines, time off work and over analysis plus stress of a number of life events happening this year seem to be triggering anxiety. Not been a problem in the past as I have always been a pretty relaxed person but do bottle up / don't show it.

seems it is a family trait! my mum had migraines and my father anxiety attacks.

anyway, doc has me on propranolol so have been having a read in that forum as i recognise a number of side affects plus have been referred for some CBT.

Thanks for listening

Matt :)

nomorepanic
27-10-10, 15:27
Hi matted

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
27-10-10, 15:40
Hi Matt its good to know you, welcome x:welcome:

ditzygirl
27-10-10, 15:53
Matt

Sounds like you are having a really tough time. Grief and life events can cause havoc to the most laid back people so don't be too hard on yourself.

There is lots of help and advise on here but more importantly lots of support.

Look forward to getting to know ux

matted
27-10-10, 16:37
thanks for the warm welcome

life events - even the positive ones seem to be stressful e.g. wedding party and just bought a house!

ditzygirl
27-10-10, 17:13
lol buying a house is very stressful and so is anything to do with a wedding. Whenever I have bought houses I always say never again!!!!!!!

Both are positive events but organising can be a nightmare!!!!!lol

Combine those with grief - you must feel like ur on a roller coaster!!!!!

matted
27-10-10, 18:25
it is really hard to ignore all the economy headlines and looking at the to do list we have is a stressful thing itself!

ditzygirl
27-10-10, 19:24
I agree - if the Government get their way they will ruin my local communities and there is no obvious way out because of our location.

Keep your chin up hun - we're always here for youx