PDA

View Full Version : I'm a hypochondriac today

Juliamidlands
13-03-06, 10:32
I don't usually worry about anxiety symptoms being anything other than 'just' anxiety- but today I'm really worried!!!

As you might have read in one of my posts on Friday, my optician has just told me I have astigmatism, which is likely to be the reason why I've been struggling with my night-time driving. So in a few days I will have a new contact lens prescription, which should help quite a lot.

But...today I woke up with swollen glands in my neck and all this morning at work I have been feeling dizzy, and am sure I'm going to pass out any minute...

I think I am focusing (pardon the pun) too much on my vision and 'testing' myself to see if I can focus etc...but that doesnt explain the dizziness I am feeling this morning...

Aaaargh!!!

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

trac67
13-03-06, 10:48
Hi Julia,

Dizzyness is a common thing with anxiety, so if you are getting anxious about your sight then this could be the reason for the dizzy feelings hun.

Try to concentrate on something else and not let the dizzyness worry you, you will find then that it will pass.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Ma Larkin
13-03-06, 11:47
Hi Julia, my daughter has astigmatism. I thought it was something you were born with (may be wrong here). My daughter is 17 now, she was diagnosed when she went for her very first eye test at our local Children's Clinic. Its never been a problem for her, nothing serious anyway, she does suffer from a lot of eye strain & has to wear glasses permanently (or should I say she should do lol!!). She won't wear contact lenses, but she has a friend who has the contacts (they haven't been out that long I believe), & she's had no probs whatsoever. You could be anxious over this, but then again you might be coming down with a cold or something if you have swollen glands. That would also explain the dizziness, even though they are symptoms of anxiety as well. You can get swollen glands with being run down as well, have you been overdoing it? You mentioned night time driving? I hope it settles down for you once you get the new contacts & you're not worrying so much.

Les