PDA

View Full Version : Im so glad i found this site !!

michellemoo
27-10-10, 21:23
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and so glad that i have found it. It really helps me to realise i'm not alone in this evil mind game of anxiety.
I have suffered anxiety related problems for over 15 years now, it started with a fear of ghosts and the spirit world, then went on to manifest in a fear of something happening to one of my children and for the past 10 years it has all been about my health. If i wrote everything ive been through with it id be here writing for at least a week ! So i'll just stick to the basics..........Most of the time i have a real fear of having a heart attack and dying. I have the most unusual sensations in my chest, incl palpitations, thudding, fluttering amongst other things just as i think i'm learning to ignore one symptom, another one will come smack me in the face and bring me back with a bump. My whole life revolves around it i wont go anywhere if there isnt a hospital nearby, i cant go out with friends for a social drink because alcohol makes me worse, i cant go abroad on holiday incase im taken ill while im there the list is endless. Im waiting for cbt been waitin 4 months for appt so far and still waiting. Im thinkin of trying hypnotherapy, has anyone else tried this ? My parents both have cancer, my dad has lung cancer and my mum pancreatic cancer both are terminal and my mum is in a hospice as she very weak now. As im sure you all can imagine this is really having an affect on me and my anxiety and panic attacks, im desperately tryin to hold it together at this difficult time but panic keeps rising in my belly and its so hard to control.
Finding this site has been a god send for me and has really kept me sane amidst all this.:)

diane07
27-10-10, 21:25
Hi michellemoo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

richo
27-10-10, 21:28
hi michelle, i tried hypnotherapy and found it quite useful.maybe u should try it.im also waiting on cbt.hope all is well

margaret jones
27-10-10, 21:32
Hi Michellemoo
Welcome to MNP sorry you are suffering so much at the moment stick around and we will all help you wherever and whenever we can XXX

Josephine2010
27-10-10, 21:54
Hello michelle, i feel your pain! i believe im suffering with anxiety, this time bought on by my first holiday, i panicked so much i was going to get ill, that i really did start getting chest pains and rapid heart!
i think this has all been bought on by my dad dying! i feel like i go round in circles! what are your symptoms xxx

michellemoo
27-10-10, 22:05
Hi, thanks for ur replies
I hope i can get through this i cant stand the thought of living like this for the rest of my life.
Some where some how there must be an escape route and a place where i can feel normal again, I once did so i know i have it in me :)

Jo, My symptoms are ever changing but currently are a feeling of my heart beating too fast, or feeling like its stopped, pains in my chest and left arm and my hands. I have been a+e loads of times whilst in mid throws of a panic attack but in my mind at that point im convinced it is not a panic attack and that i'm actually going to die ! The tests alweays come back normal prob is i dont feel bloody normal !
What are your symptoms Jo?

Josephine2010
28-10-10, 15:11
Ah its awful i know...ive never had a full blown panic attack, but i no when im extremely close.
my symptoms include fast heart rate (which ive had to take tablets to calm it down)
pains and numbness in my left arm (i thought i was having a stroke)
and chest pain which i have had for 2 weeks which doesnt seem to be disappearing!
i feel like i go round in circles, i get a pain i worry, worry makes the pain Grrrrrr!
are you taking any medication for ur panic attacks or worry!
im trying my hardest not to go down the medication route, once i have a syptom checked out i feel 100 times better, but within a week something else has occured and im bk to square one! very frustrating xxx

michellemoo
28-10-10, 21:40
Im exactly the same Jo, over the years i have had so many tests from blood tests to ecg's , x-rays to brain scans and for a while im ok and than something else comes along, its like it wont allow me peace do u know what i mean? I am on cipralex med 10mg at mo and they do help to a degree but when i try to wean off them the side affects are horrible so i just stay on them. Id rather have a pill a day than cope with more horrible symptoms.
You are very lucky that u havent had a full blown panic attack, its the scariest thing i have ever experienced!
But all in all the whole anxiety/panic thing is a nightmare !

Try to stay positive in all u do and dont let it beat u :):)