PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety / Seizure - please advise?

Lou 1
27-10-10, 21:34
For the whole of today i have felt so weird, i feel like im not even here its almost like im in a dream.
I also have this weird internal shaking, no one can see it but i feel like my whole body is shaking, like i have something running through my veins.
It feels like i have had way too much caffine, but i havent had any.
I feel so weak and tired, and my head feels very full.

Could this be a build up to a seizure? Im so worked up about this and would appreciate any advice at all..

margaret jones
27-10-10, 21:37
Hi Lou sorry you are feeling so poorly today Why do you think you are about to have a seizure ?? do you suffer from them ??

Lou 1
27-10-10, 21:39
Hey, no i dont but its the only way to describe how i feel, i just feel like my body is about to convulse or something xx

margaret jones
27-10-10, 21:42
Lou ok
So maybe it is your anxiety i get this in my tummy/chest a lot when i am anxious also when i am hungry are you eating ok ??

Lou 1
27-10-10, 21:47
I havent been feeling too good so only eating small amounts. x

Dizz
27-10-10, 22:01
Hiya Lou 1

I get that shaky inside feeling too.. it's horrid eh. I've had a really bad day today too and had a big moan about it earlier and aswell as all the other naff things I felt like all my insides were in nervous overdrive and bubbling away out of control especially in my chest. Sort of like when you have a had a huge fright and somethings really scared you out of your witts. Is that what your is like ?

You know what though the minute my dog decided to throw up everywhere YEUCH and I had to divert my attention to her cos bless her she was scared stiff and didn't know what was happening my internal shakes and bubbles went.

I guess the more we worry about and concentrate on these scarey bodily goings on the worse we feel eh and as much as we tell ourselves it;s nothing that grotty little gremlin inside tells us otherwise. And googling symptoms and possible causes definately makes things 1000 times worse for me too.

Someone told me to go for a brisk walk earlier too and that also helped a lot even though I got soaked cos it started raining.

If you had asked me today up until a couple of hours ago ago how I was feeling I'd have told you I was definately dying... but I obviously wasn't as I'm ok now I've had my mind taken off it

Hope you feel better soon and I've just sent you a big 'hug'. We're all in this together it seems so we'll all come out of it together :yesyes: :hugs:

Min04
29-10-10, 19:18
Hi!

I just wanted to say that I so recognise this type of feeling. In my case it starts off as a vague feeling something is not right and then escalates into me seriously believing I'm about to have some kind of a fit! It has never happened so now when I get that feeling I realise it's only anxiety. I also recognise what you described as a feeling of not being here or as if everything is a dream. Also a classic anxiety sign, I get it all the time! It won't build up into a seizure or anything like that. For me it's very hard to deal with these type of sensations. I don't know how I cope actually apart from trying to ignore them a bit and then when the feeling slowly goes I realise and know for next time that nothing horrible happens.:)

olderfella
29-10-10, 19:26
If it feels like mild electricity flowing through your veins it is usualy an adrenaline rush which is very common with anxiety disorder,i used to get it alot but now only if its induced by extremely strenuous exercise:)

fairyclairy
30-10-10, 17:15
Hey,

I get this alot.. i always feels like my body is going to explode or it feels like my whole body is going to shake so hard.. but obviously never does!

I also feel like i could run for thousands of miles just to get whatever it is out of my system.... but at the same time, i feel like i cant move and havnt got the energy!

Its very very strange... but just adrenaline caused by anxiety!

The mind is also very powerful and like Dizz said.. the minute something happens where i get my mind off focusing on how ill i feel, for example, phone ringing, someone asking me something at work, driving etc then the feelings stop... untill i start focusing on them again!
I am very good at making myself feel ill by concentrating on something that hard... i could probably sit here and make myself feel sick (i have a very bad vomit phobia) I am so used to recognising and feeling every little sensation in my body and focussing on it turning a little thing into such a huge ordeal!!

Try and relax... i know easier said than done! Try diverting your attention and doing something you can get stuck in to and enjoy, read a book, draw or whatever your hobbies are that you enjoy?

And tell yourself that it is just anxiety and it will pass.... maybe try some exercise? I say this because last week i was feel horrendus, my whole body felt weak, achy, tense, my muscles felt so clenched and i felt like i had flu symptoms, but i forced myself to the gym and being able to release all that tension, i came out feeling amazing! xx

lorra
10-09-11, 16:50
Hello, i would just like to add that i too feel as if i'm about to have a fit and that the contents of my head will explode onto the pavement. It's the most horrible feeling and i often think that it will finish me off. Thanks guys for the reassurance, it is much appreciated as i have spent the last 7 yrs feeling like i'm about to have a fit and faint.

Helen1985
18-09-11, 21:24
Yes i too feel like this quite alot and i always sit there almost waiting to have a fit deffo anxiety related.. xxx