PDA

View Full Version : Constant Daytime Yawning???

petmad
27-10-10, 22:55
Hi all
I am getting rather paranoid and concerned about my horrible habit of yawning during the day, whether I am at work, on the phone, talking to somebody I have this overbearing urge to yawn.
Its very embarrassing as it takes over me and I cannot disguise it.
Whats causing this, I am on citalopram and thought it was a side affect, but was told it would wear off?
Does anyone else suffer from this?? Just something worried me as read once its to do with the heart or lungs not getting enough air in? Is this true??
any help would be great to put my mind at rest or stop this horrible yawning...

xx

Girl_Interrupted
27-10-10, 23:22
Hi, have u or do feel particularly anxious at the moment? Yawning is an anxiety symptom, and can be quite annoying!! I wouldnt start think worse case here at all. Think anxiety because thats the one thing that u have got! How much sleep do you get, u may not be getting enough, or ur sleep in disturbed, this can make u feel tired during the day. Drink plenty of water, so u dont get dehydrated, and see how u get on, i know that sounds really vague! but u might find it will settle down. U can always ask a pharmacist about side effects from taking Citalopram, or generally about yawning they are pretty helpful :)