PDA

View Full Version : Head Pain ??

Sal x
13-03-06, 11:30
Hi everyone,

I really need som help and advice,

All morning, I have had a really bad shooting pain above my left eye on my forehead...............I also feel lightheaded and dizzy but not sure if this is from worring about the pain??

It hurts a bit when I press the area but this is really scaring me.
Both my eyes keep twitching aswell which is really freaky..........can anyone relate to this ?

I have had pains down the side of my nose aswell over the last few weeks so I have been trying to tell myself that it is a sinus problem......does anyone know if you get pains in you forehead with this ?

Any reassurance would really help ....

Ta
Sal x

Cookie
13-03-06, 11:53
Hi Sal,
I get shooting pains quite a lot in my forehead. I can pretty much deal with them now, unless I get a really bad attack. I'm sure its probably just anxiety though. As you know, it manifests itself in a hundred and one different ways!
Try not to worry too much, take some paracetamols for a few days and see how it is then. Hope this helps a bit.

Shell.x:D

Ma Larkin
13-03-06, 13:22
Hi Sal, only ever had a sinus problem once, my god I thought my head was going to explode! This may sound really stupid but I felt as though I was breathing too much air in, it really hurt my eyes & my nose almost as if my airways were too clear, but I got this awful twitch in my left eye, which wasn't there all the time, but kept coming & going, you could physically see it twitching. The pains in my nose made me feel like I had a sneeze stuck (this went on for days). It was awful. I just wenbt to Boots & bought some of their own branded stuff for Sinus problems. It cleared in a couple of days. Pretty scary though at the time.

Les

Peru83
13-03-06, 13:46
Hi Sal,

I'm sure it is something of a sinus problem like les said, but always best to go and see your gp before a self diagnosis. Wouldn't hurt even just to phone your gp and even ask them over the phone what it could be.

Hope you feel better soon

Take Carexx

Claire

kt
13-03-06, 22:05
Hi Sal,
just wanted to say that i also get strange stabbing/ sudden pains in my head. I am sure i have posted on here before about them.
I get loads of tension type headaches and find that when i do finally start relaxing that it is then that i get these pains.
I'll try and describe where and what they're like:
sharp temple pains
dull/ throbbing temple pains
crawley scalp feelings
twitchy eyes/ face
sore ares on my face
eyebrow aches
sharp pain in the eye
sore areas on my head that i can put my finger on
achy eyes (behind them, if that makes sense?)
tight head
WOW my list could go on and on- sorry!!
I have been told a squillion times by my Dr that they are caused by tension and stress. When i get them i feel like they make me feel light headed, but really its because i kinda tense up even more and hold my breath alot. Thats what is causing me to to feel light headed not the headaches.
Try and notice what your breathing is like next time it happens, easier said than done i know.
Sorry for rambling Sal, hope you feel better soon,

take care, hugs, kt xx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Sal x
15-03-06, 11:49
Thanks everyone for replying to me.........

And Thanks KT.....it really does help to know that I am not on my own with this.

Thanks again

Sal x

Alexandra
15-03-06, 12:22
Hi Sal.

Your not on your own hun as i get them too from time to time. Its nothing to worry about or be afraid of. I usually put it down to eye strain.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart