PDA

View Full Version : Please help me be rational - really freaking out

dodo
28-10-10, 10:24
For a few days now, probably a week, I have had tingling and cramping in my legs and arms. My arms are really weak at the shoulders, my neck hurts, and my legs are really weak.

I am having trouble standing for long periods as my legs are weak and cramp up. I am getting restless legs in bed.

I am fearing the worst, like MND, MS, a tumour etc etc.

Could it be something as logical as a problem with my lower back and my neck?

Vixxy
28-10-10, 10:47
Are you taking any anti depressants? I'm on mirtazapine and get restless legs every night.
If not it could just be that your body is suffering from a pro longed period of anxiety. Your body will be tense, so all of your muscles will be rigid and sore. This puts pressure on the joints.
My advice for you would be to have a bath this evening. If you have a partner then ask them to massage your whole body before you get in bed, and after the bath. All it needs to be is them stroking your skin to try to relax you. Hopefully after a good nights sleep you'll feel a little better tomorrow. Try to keep doing it until you're feeling better :)

dodo
28-10-10, 10:51
No I'm not on any medication. My other half gets really mad with me when I'm anxious about my health like this.

I do have issues with my lower back and it hasn't really gotten any better since I had a baby. When I bend over I can now only just manage it, whereas I used to be able to touch my toes easily. I'm so scared, these symptoms seem to have gotten dramatically worse in the last week. I'm scared about the weakness in my legs and the fact they go shakey after a while and achy and crampy.

Blood tests are all normal but stuff such as MS, MND spinal tumour wouldn't show up in them I'm sure.

dodo
28-10-10, 21:20
Still worried :(