PDA

View Full Version : 3 days off of Mirt and feeling normal again....

lori1
28-10-10, 10:24
Hi there

Just thought i would give you an update on how i feel 3 days off of Mirtazapine. I feel normal again, the awful Anxiety that i never had before starting Mirt, and that remained constant for the 6 awful weeks i was on it has gone!! No more dizziness, nausea, faint feeling, the numb lip and tongue, i just feel normal again. For me this drug has been hell, i have had such a tough 6 weeks, my doc kept telling me to hang in there, but i knew i wouldnt feel anyn different,and i am so glad i listened to my body. I have no doubt whatsoever that this drug was responsible for making me feel so ill. It is so powerful and mind altering, and i am just so very thankful just to feel 'normal' again. Good luck to you all still on it. Just wasnt for me

Lori x

JT69
28-10-10, 19:12
Hi Lori,

Glad you are feeling well again. We are all different and hence our reactions to different meds vary.

Hope you keep well.

Jo.xx

shropshire_lad
28-10-10, 20:59
Crickey, crazy how medication affects folks differently.

Been on Mirt for just over 5 weeks and my mood is starting to show noticeable improvement. Shame I can't stop eating anything in sight... Awful hunger pangs on it! :ohmy:

My anxiety is slightly better too, although I would put this down to the huge improvement in my sleep. Still irratable though.

I'm going to stick with it until my CBT starts to help me.

kibbutz83
28-10-10, 21:37
Good for you Lori, ad's made me feel pretty bad too :( Just as well I can't take them really ( cos of a blood disorder ) x

Margaretanne
28-10-10, 22:13
Hi, I took Mirt for a month and felt much worse. I stopped taking it over a week ago and still feel very anxious. Did you feel any with drawals stuff when you stopped.

Margaret

lori1
29-10-10, 14:14
well i never stopped really just changed to Prozac which i have had before but the difference is unbelievable my anxiety has almost gone, i have no doubt at all that they made me have severe anxiety and my dizziness has gone and i feel clearer in the mind, really didnt like how i felt on it at all x

lori1
29-10-10, 14:17
Jo
thank you for your words, do hope your ok. No Mirt def wasnt for me i feel so much better just being off it, strange isnt it? I can honestly say i never felt so awful going on a AD. Hope you are doing ok Jo, i know you wasnt feeling to good, keep in touch hun
Lori x

JT69
29-10-10, 14:33
Hi Lori,

I am feeling much better again thankyou...I go like that but never count my chickens as I know another episode could flare up again...just making the most of feeling so well...trouble is I then end up thinking I can take the world on and over-do it!!! Never learn...lol!!!

Glad that you are feeling much better...shame about the mirtazipine but then at least you wont have to worry about the extra weight gain (happens for some of us).

Take care and may it continue....

Jo.xx

ElizabethJane
29-10-10, 17:43
Hi Lori I'm sorry that mirtazapine did not work for you. I have had great success with it. I suffer from severe recurrent depresson. I was intially put on mirtazapine as an add on to boost the other meds that I was on. These were prothiaden and lithium. I suffered extreme anxiety in withdrawal and I thought that I was becoming ill again. I went back on it and did eventually withdraw from it. Unfortunately I became ill again so back on it again. This time my psychiatrist weaned me off prothiaden. I had been on it for about sixteen years at high doses. I am still on the mirt at 45mg and lithium 1,00mg. I am enjoying an episode of relative stability. I have been on anti ds that haven't worked such as duloxetine and seroxat so it is really finding one that works for you if that is what you want. I need to be on my meds to keep well. They are not a crutch. I work and have and active social life. I have been brought back from the brink of suicidal depression. I don't want to go back to that place. I wish you well Lori and please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

lori1
30-10-10, 19:23
thank you so much Ej and Jo,,,so pleased you are feeling well Jo...

Yes i actually went to my local shopping centre today and never felt anxious once! BUt i do think i had an adverse reaction to the Mirt as from day one i suffered extreme anxiety, just awful, its something i dont fortunately suffer from so i knew it was the mediacation. EJ i was on prothieden for a couple of years and felt great on it, but if i have a high dose now makes my heart race, so had to come of it. Wish you girls all the best, yes of course i will keep on posting!

Lori xx

geejaybee
29-11-10, 19:37
I was on Mirtazepine and it has completely wrecked my sleep pattern when I discontinued. The insomnia is terrible

Abby1
22-02-11, 16:40
Hi,i am on Mirazapine 30 mg and my anxiety too seems to be very high and i am suffering from depersonalisation,i darent come off it though,as i worry i will be worse and i am worried about withdrawal symptoms such as the post above. The last thing i need is more insomnia....

costas
06-03-11, 04:51
it sounds kinda silly but im glad i read loris post because i thought i was the only one in the world suffering from numb lips and tounge, been taking the mirtz for about 4 days now and im going out of my brain wityh these side effects, but i didnt know what was up with my lips and tounge, well now im kinda relived its a natural side effect