PDA

View Full Version : Hi ya

swany606
28-10-10, 17:53
Hello everyone !! my name Kev and i'm from Bristol. i have suffered from panic attacks for about 13 years !! it started just after i left the Royal Navy, i was playing football and all of a sudden i couldn't breathe and i had pains in my chest and arms, soon i had stars in my eyes and all my fingers, arms and legs cramped up, i should mention that when i was 5 i had a heart op and i thought something had gone wrong and i was a gonna, an ambulance was called and they said "oh it's just a panic attack !!!". I kept on having panic attacks and basically was given little help apart from having tablets thrown at me like sweets !!! i became dependant on drink and diazepam, i stopped drinking and taking diazepam 4 years ago and for the 1st year everything was great !! no panic attacks, i was able to drive by myself with no-one else in the car(which was a major problem for me !!), i thought i had my life back. But, one day i was laying a patio for my cousin, now i don't drink anything with caffine in, haven't done for years but i ended up having about 7 cups of coffee and hey presto a panic attack !!!! this set me back, i'm still not drinking but i am back on diazepam and i hate it !!!

At the moment i can't drive by myself, go for a walk, go shopping or be left alone without having an attack !!! I've had CBT and i know what your supposed to do when your having an attack but it doesn't stop the fear and irrational thoughts as i'm sure you all know.

Anyway i have just started Hypnotherapy so hopefully that will help (fingers crossed) !!

Well, thats me
Cheers
Kev

diane07
28-10-10, 17:54
Hi swany606

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
28-10-10, 19:06
Hiya Kev its nice to meet you, welcome aboard the good ship nmp! x:welcome:

dolittle
28-10-10, 19:48
hi and welcome.............:)

margaret jones
28-10-10, 20:07
Hi Kev welcome to NMP you are not alone in your fears , you will meet some great people here .Take Care xxx

paulst
28-10-10, 20:17
Hi Kev, :welcome:to the forum.