PDA

View Full Version : A better day today ...... and tomorrow .....

lilac kitten
05-03-04, 21:16
I had a better day today and no panic or anxiety attacks. The funny thing is I took a magnesium vitamin pill and within an hour I felt less shaky and a bit more normal. In fact I feel so calm that I actually feel really really tired.

I remember when I used to take them (make that remember to take them) before I had my youngest son (who is now 13 months), and I started to pick up then. I think I'll give them another go and see how I get on.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow as my partner is working and I have to take my eldest swimming and am a little worried of a panic attack as they've been just coming on like that, but I have to do the drive for my son so I'll see how it goes. Then on to Maccy D as a treat for the boys.

I'm also going to start my Prescription (Citalopram)(sp) tomorrow and see how it goes, will let you all know how I get on.

Having said about problems with my partner, I spoke to him about my thoughts last night about the PMS, etc; and they say things happen in 3's .... Firstly he agreed with me that it could be hormonal, secondly he told me I should have a bath and chill, and thirdly I got a massage after my bath before bed (with no other intentions I might add!!) to relax me. I must go check the diazapam packet and make sure they're all still there:D I still didn't sleep that well, but I thought nice thoughts instead of being stressed.

I will keep you all up to date on the mood diary and see if there are any common triggers to normal and panicy days and what sort of irrational thoughts I have (i.e. panicing about being sick in Tesco, or driving, etc).

Have a good panic free weekend, and I'll catch up with you all over the weekend I'm sure.

Thanks once again for all your kind words and support they do actually really help.

Love,
Ruth
x

nomorepanic
06-03-04, 19:38
Ruth

You do sound very positive about all this so that is great news.

Stick with it ok and let us know how tomorrow goes.

Nicola

diana
08-03-04, 18:15
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you Ruth. You deserved that, the bath/chilling, the chat and the massage ;).

I am glad everything has worked out for you in the long run.

I do hope things continue to go your way or atleast that you continue to be calm and relaxed.

Good on your partner for understanding.

Good luck on the day out at swimming and Micky D`s. Post to let us know how your day went.

Keep up the positive thoughts.

Here`s hoping you are having an anxiety/panic free day.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

lilac kitten
09-03-04, 10:28
Cheers for your lovely replies.

Good news is I got through Saturday fine - I even drove 300 yards through a coned area on the A30 - thats a big thing for me. Sunday I had a little panic on the way back from Tesco. I got that dry lump in my throat and it made me feel sick, so I sucked on a throat sweet for a bit and that type of helped.

I had a major panic at work yesterday and ended up phoning the doctor as I thought something had gone wrong after that colposcopy a couple of weeks ago, but the doctor assured me that I'd be OK. I felt a right idiot phoning him and panicing, but I guess sometimes best be safe than sorry I did have genuine concern, I just handled it badly. Good news is no cancer cells found in the biopsy they took with the precancerous cells.

I'm off to the gym tonight with my friend and I'm looking forward to that.

This time last year I was the most confident I had been in years (although I still got the panic attacks when driving on motorways and dualcarriageways). Infact its only been in the last few months I've gone a bit backwards. But its reassuring to know that others on this site have been backwards and come forwards again.

I'm starting with a bit of self confidence building, i.e. taking an interest in my hair, nails and appearance (not that I don't normally), but just painting your nails can be theraputic (sp?). I think you girlies probably get what I mean. My partner has a drink problem, which he is addressing. Nothing too major, but he does drink about four or five cans of larger every night and has a pint at the pub after work. I'ts been an ongoing problem, and doesn't help me, but he is aware and has seen the doctor, and also got an appointment at a clinic. So although I seem like I have the worlds problems on my shoulders, I know others are worse off than I am. But none of my problems aren't something that I/we can't try and fix - so thats the positive side.

In fact this morning I bought a 'lets go with the children' book. So I'm going to sit down with my partner and work out some nice weekend trips. Firstly it gets me out as I'm making a commitment to the kids and don't want to let them down, and secondly its good for all of us to have some fun instead of worrying about cooking, cleaning, etc. I can't hide away just because I'm scared of the drive or being sick when I'm out.

Once again, thanks for all your support it really does help.

Take care,
Ruth
x

Laurie28
09-03-04, 10:55
Hiya Ruth,

I'm glad you are still sounding so positive! and your walking the walk as well as talking the talk!!

I agree when I look at this forum that others have alot more problems than me as well but as Charlie said to me - they are your problems and will affect you - but I'm glad o hear you say everything is 'fixable'

Have you started on the Citopram yet?

your right a good beauty work is great for a perk up!!

Your partner sounds like a great guy and I think it's good he's going to see someone about his drinking (b4 it develops into a problem )

lucky

Lottie32
09-03-04, 10:59
Hi Ruth

I've not been on the site for a couple of days, but it's great to log on and see you so much more positive!

You are definitely making progress in the right direction. Lets hope you've "turned" the corner, and things will start levelling out for you now.

Well done

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Meg
09-03-04, 15:20
Hi Ruth,

Taking those first steps to action are the hardest so well done.

Meg

diana
09-03-04, 20:32
Hiya Ruth,

Good for you and your partner. Both of you working together to get to where you ultimately want to be.

Like Meg said "taking those first steps is the hardest", and you are already there.

I am happy that you have commited yourself to getting better, and taking the steps to do so, and not letting this little set back put you down. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

This is quite inspiring for those who still feel overwhelmed and thinking the set back will never end. You are proof it does pass, with a little work (alot of work) on our part. Thanks for sharing.

You are doing all of the right things.

keep up the great work, and remember to keep us posted on how you are progressing.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Take care,

Diana xxxxx