PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack??

jothenurse
28-10-10, 22:52
I have been doing pretty good lately. Have decreased my med (Ativan) for a couple of weeks now, so am taking just a small doese of .25mg in the AM and .25mg at noon.
I had kind of a stressful day at work. Decided to get some groceries quick on my way home. Grocery stores do make me nervous, but seem to do pretty good lately. I was just about done and I noticed my heart was kind of pounding. My panic attacks started with a very fast pulse (in the 160's) and I have had ekg's and workup and everything is fine. By the time I was waiting to check out my groceries, my heart was pounding and I felt lightheaded and I just wanted to run out of the store. I didn"t, and made myself check out my stuff with a pounding heart and my hands/lets shaking. When I got to the car, I had a phone call from work, and then by the time I got home my pulse was in the 70's and I just felt shakey.
I imagine it was a panic attack, but sometimes I think my pulse goes up some before I start panicking. Then I panic when I felt it going up which of course makes it pound really hard. I know my heart is ok according to the doctors and they think it is panic, but sometimes I think my pulse goes up before I panic. Any thoughts?

JOHN55
29-10-10, 22:11
Your mind is the most powerful tool in the world when you get out of your confort zone you panic panic panic ride the storm and you will defeat the feeling and they will leave you alone - please if you can read my previous post on theory of panic and send me your comments you are not alone.
john xx