PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/depression and trying to be a mother

lajjj
29-10-10, 10:32
any one who has been reading my posts will know i have just started taking new meds escitalopram 5mg. the last week has been a little odd. i have been off work and my 6 year old has been away for a weeks holiday with her dad. she arrived home last night i missed her so much when she was away but i did really need the break. its just now i feel so guilty because its as if all the responsibilities have came back and i know i have at least another 2weeks of the meds getting into my system! i love her to bits she is my world but she is a little whirlwind full of energy and with the anxiety/depression its hard to keep up and i get stressed! which makes me feel bad. i am feelin so edgy and jumpy which is obviously the medication but i feel like all i do is moan at her for jumping around and stuff !! even just when she bumps into me i get edgy!! i should be loving her and playing with her but its almost like im scared of her!:scared15: can anyone relate to this???? i feel soooooooo guilty!xx

Carly Lou
29-10-10, 10:38
i so understand how you feel.... i have a 2 year old and i am on day 13 of being on sertraline for my health anxiety and ocd... plus i am also still working and i start my new job on the 9th of november.... its bloody hard work isnt it !!!
the side effects of my meds have made me more anxious, worse than i was before, ive felt sick, dizzy, going to the loo alot and headaches are a new one just this week... and trying to look after a small child is really difficult... if only we could just stay in bed for 4 weeks until we are better.... Hmmmmm no chance. im also really jumpy aswell... strange isnt it... just last night when my other half opened the door it frightened me half to death and this morning when my son took hold of my hand, i jumped out my skin, odd isnt it... im on 25mg so hopefully soon im going to start feeling normal again.... oooh i hope so... and it isnt just the looking after my son and work, i also have no energy and cant be bothered to do a damn thing !! xx :-(
horrid isnt it
xxx

lajjj
29-10-10, 10:52
thanks for replying carly! i am exactly the same! i start gettin anxious that i cant cope... its horrible coz i know how much i love my little girl but like u all i want to do is get into bed and hide for the next 4 weeks!!! the jumpyness is awful! every noise sends me through the roof! i am back to work on monday and life will take off at high speed again! its scary i get anxious just thinking about it all :-s also my energy is zero just thinkin about doing anything makes me tired! god help us eh! xx

Carly Lou
29-10-10, 11:22
im sort of loss to be honest... i dont feel normal at all on these meds, and im quite stressed about it, have you had any horrid seide effects yet, i hate feeling sick, dizzy headaches and just a sense of not feeling with it, like im a bit tipsy, which i hate as i dont drink at all.... right now i feel a jittery.... everyone keeps saying keep at it with the meds, dont stop yet as im 2 weeks in, but i really feels like it is getting worse... i think... doctor said i must keep at it, its total shyte... im sure i felt better before but then again... im not constantly thinking abt dying etc which is what is was before as i have real bad health anxiety... but all im thinking now is i have some sort of allergic reaction to them, then again... if i was, id have had it at the begining and would be hell of alot worse xxx

lajjj
29-10-10, 11:40
i am exactly the same to be honest feelin awful and its scary when u have kids to take care of :( its like u have no idea how u will get through it. but everyone is right when they say stick it out because unfortunatly you get worse before better :( i have been on the meds before and i know this from experience. but if you keep at it i promise its worth it , you wont notice it happen its very subtle but gradually u get better and then u start to wander what all the fuss was about. its just awful in the mean time i am very jittery today! feel like i am shaking on the inside. if you are very worried about it go back to your docs and he may prescribe something to calm u down in them mean time or maybe even change the meds. not every medication suits everyone keep us posted xxx

Carly Lou
29-10-10, 12:04
my doctor has given me diazapan to take to keep the effects to a minimum... so i have been taking that if i really feel i need to, its only 5mg tabs and i am cutting them in half when i take them... havent taken one since sun, and i have to say when i was taking them when i first started the sert i didnt feel like this, so it obviously is the side effects... i dont like taking tablets anyway... but im a really going to try... my side effects arnt as bad as what i have read for some on here so that helps a bit... thankfully my son is a very independant little chap so he is quite happy playing with his toys etc... which has helped when feeling like this, its poop isnt it... hopefully ill be feeling much better by the 9th of nov as i start my new job and i am so excited abt it xxx

tonkaboy
30-10-10, 14:19
Hi there,

I can relate to what you're saying. I'm a dad, not a mum, but my 4 year old son is my world. I'm on day 10 of Fluoxetine and my anx is sky high today. I find I just want to hide from the little chap when I feel like this. That makes me feel very guilty. It's also asking a lot of my wife.

I've been on SSRIs before and I know they make me feel worse before they make me feel better, but when you're in the middle of it, you just feel lost don't you?

I hope things are looking up for both of you soon - I understand exactly what you're saying.

Cheers

Andy

lajjj
31-10-10, 21:39
thanks andy we are all in the same boat eh! lets hope we all feel better very soon :)
xxxxxxxx