PDA

View Full Version : More feelings of depersonalization?

phil06
29-10-10, 23:26
Quite hard to describe really..but I guess a fog would be an appropriate word. I feel quite distanced and my panic attacks lately have set me into a trance like feeling like I'm not alive..when I worry about DP feelings I also feel tranced/spaced out. I notice my brain doesn't think normal stuff I operate as usual..at work, online do the same things but feel I'm going mad and that's all I think..I'm not thinking like whats on tv later just anxiety, I have extreme worry going on over tiny things right now. I went out today but felt this way but it eased that I was able to go about my daily routine. I dwell alot on this feeling though.

As I have been in the last few months I've been very aware of my brain like "freaking out about being alive" and "what I'll do in the next second"...I feel it's been quite tough lately a few weeks ago DP kicked back in..I posted about feeling I'm going mad and my latest habit is I turn the TV down, shut off any convo or music as if I hear it all I can think is "maybe I'll crack up, go mad"..so by turning music down this relives the anxiety and I can continue as normal..

Should I keep going on as normal hoping it will pass? Is this yet more complex depersonalization? :blush:

zoe121
29-10-10, 23:34
hiya i think you should try and foucs on something you like doing! reading ,walking gym swimming something along them lines anyway and say if it does not ease off in a few days go and see the doctor. it does sound to me like you are thinking about this to much panic is a strange thing and so is your brain but rememberyour in control not the other way around mate

phil06
29-10-10, 23:37
hiya i think you should try and foucs on something you like doing! reading ,walking gym swimming something along them lines anyway and say if it does not ease off in a few days go and see the doctor. it does sound to me like you are thinking about this to much panic is a strange thing and so is your brain but rememberyour in control not the other way around mate

I have had the symptoms of depersonalization for a few years but more mild until May where it got worse..over the end of the summer I accepted it a little more..so it eased but I relapsed a little and it worries me a great deal now. So these symptoms are not really new but prolonged. :blush:

debs71
29-10-10, 23:39
Phil, I really sympathise with you as IMO there is nothing worse than depersonalisation feelings and sensations. For me they are the most frightening symptom of anxiety. All the things you mention I have had too. Like a feeling of being alive as not feeling 'normal'
and like the world around you is totally alien, or your body and brain is totally disconnected from you. God it is awful. You also analyse every motion and move and are totally sensitive to the things you are doing or going to do, like severe anticipation. I also can completely relate to the music thing/ noise thing. When I was suffering severe anxiety and panic a few weeks ago I couldn't bear any noise around me, particularly in public, like the chatter/conversation of people walking around me in town, kids crying, music, etc and when I was at home, the television being too loud or noisy adverts. It was like having my brain completely overloaded and unable to cope and my thoughts would speed up and panic would rise. Another horrible symptom.

All these feelings are because we are just super, super anxious and normal apparently whilst in that state. It is so hard to advise as I know how hard those feelings are and how difficult it is to carry on doing stuff, but I have to say that, for me personally, keeping on going as normally and riding the feelings was the best thing to do. I think because when we sit and try to not do anything until we feel better, our minds go even more haywire and dwell on the bad symptoms we are feeling and make them worse, whereas just the actions of acting normally can help retrain our mind that everything is ok and this is a feeling that will pass the more we keep acting as normal. (if that makes sense)

I do hope these horrible symptoms pass for you soon.

Debs.x:hugs:

itoldyouiwasill
29-10-10, 23:52
Quite hard to describe really..but I guess a fog would be an appropriate word. I feel quite distanced and my panic attacks lately have set me into a trance like feeling like I'm not alive..when I worry about DP feelings I also feel tranced/spaced out. I notice my brain doesn't think normal stuff I operate as usual..at work, online do the same things but feel I'm going mad and that's all I think..I'm not thinking like whats on tv later just anxiety, I have extreme worry going on over tiny things right now. I went out today but felt this way but it eased that I was able to go about my daily routine. I dwell alot on this feeling though.

As I have been in the last few months I've been very aware of my brain like "freaking out about being alive" and "what I'll do in the next second"...I feel it's been quite tough lately a few weeks ago DP kicked back in..I posted about feeling I'm going mad and my latest habit is I turn the TV down, shut off any convo or music as if I hear it all I can think is "maybe I'll crack up, go mad"..so by turning music down this relives the anxiety and I can continue as normal..

Should I keep going on as normal hoping it will pass? Is this yet more complex depersonalization? :blush:

In a word, YES....this is exactly what you must do.

You are currently in the stage of bewilderment that the author Claire Weekes explains so well in her groundbreaking (at the time) book Hope and Help For Your Nerves.

The key here really is not to analyse any feelings of depersonalisation and derealisation, this is not to say you should try and block them out but rather see them, accept them and welcome them as this will allow you to 'float through' this stage. I had horrific derealisation when my anxiety first struck and this lasted for 6 months...it was only when I learnt to allow it to be there that it realised it was no longer fit for purpose and sodded off.

Oh yes, if you haven't read the Caire Weekes book I cannot recommend it highly enough...she knew her onions that old girl:)

debs71
30-10-10, 00:02
Oh yes, if you haven't read the Caire Weekes book I cannot recommend it highly enough...she knew her onions that old girl:)

I do so agree.

I have just started reading it and it makes so much sense to me and I can relate to everything she writes.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.:yesyes:

phil06
30-10-10, 00:36
Phil, I really sympathise with you as IMO there is nothing worse than depersonalisation feelings and sensations. For me they are the most frightening symptom of anxiety. All the things you mention I have had too. Like a feeling of being alive as not feeling 'normal'
and like the world around you is totally alien, or your body and brain is totally disconnected from you. God it is awful. You also analyse every motion and move and are totally sensitive to the things you are doing or going to do, like severe anticipation. I also can completely relate to the music thing/ noise thing. When I was suffering severe anxiety and panic a few weeks ago I couldn't bear any noise around me, particularly in public, like the chatter/conversation of people walking around me in town, kids crying, music, etc and when I was at home, the television being too loud or noisy adverts. It was like having my brain completely overloaded and unable to cope and my thoughts would speed up and panic would rise. Another horrible symptom.

All these feelings are because we are just super, super anxious and normal apparently whilst in that state. It is so hard to advise as I know how hard those feelings are and how difficult it is to carry on doing stuff, but I have to say that, for me personally, keeping on going as normally and riding the feelings was the best thing to do. I think because when we sit and try to not do anything until we feel better, our minds go even more haywire and dwell on the bad symptoms we are feeling and make them worse, whereas just the actions of acting normally can help retrain our mind that everything is ok and this is a feeling that will pass the more we keep acting as normal. (if that makes sense)

I do hope these horrible symptoms pass for you soon.

Debs.x:hugs:

Thanks that does help. Perhaps that nose sensitive thing is an anxiety symptom that's cropped up during DP then? I assumed it's all the anxiety as I have been reading alot over the months and read and based my own conclusions on:

*Depersonalization can be scary, uncomfortable but that's as bad as it gets.
*Forgetting the symptom helps, maybe distraction, thought swapping.
*It's only as bad as you worry about it..so extreme worry makes it a 8/10 and less worry a 3/10 like a lurking anxiety and 8 is more extreme.
*The length of the symptom is dependent on the worry 1 month to six and so on.
*Googling boards looking at others symptoms won't help it go away in the long term but add more water to the pot of worry in the present by analyzing it more.
*Analyzing it, thoughts on life workings, going mad fears also make it worse.
*Thinking about something else makes it ease, but it takes a while before you can say you're DP free.
*Thinking about the earth, or the brain is the worst thing you can do.

It's annoying this head pain, veins, pressure, headaches I get too from worrying alot..anybody had these?

What made it ease alot before was one day I rose out of bed and said you know what I've known these surroundings for years. I had a good look around and thought why am I worried..and it was a relief almost and I got up...got on with it and gave it little thought to the degree it rarely troubled me like any anxiety I've had..reason being I had moved onto worrying about another symptom..OCD went to the DP, DP to bowels and now back to DP.

Anyway this is now..I'm battling it I feel a bit helpless posting as only me can help me, only me controls my anxiety levels..but what's awful about the symptom is you suffer worrying about it because normal tasks have little enjoyment due to all the lack of emotion, disconnection..like you go on holiday to enjoy your surroundings...not think about you but DP is like that. I read it's actually an over sensitized experience of life..fight/flight mode. I read too much is going on..stress ect..but for me I feel too much worrying causes it..maybe too much of any worrying would?

Maybe I should try the book yes. I am researching acceptance as I once read looking at ways to cope is better than looking up a symptom. Anticipation is alot of anxiety..I'll probably be anxious tomorrow..but maybe if I can find those coping ways and not let it beat me I can return to a more relaxed state..even a little anxiety but I hate feeling desperate..dying, going mad fears...

I also thought I know my limit with anxiety when I've sat in too long, yes I push myself, struggle like crap worrying, go out manage it, go home worry again but maybe I should drop my tolerance level to say I need to do this more..as I am wasting time worrying. Sadly I realise I can never know I'm 100% safe ect..but what I have read with Health anxiety is if it's really bad you would have awful symptoms go to a hospital if it's not anxiety but with anxiety it beats you up..maybe it's finding that confidence in myself so say well if it got bad I'd seek help but in the meantime I have severe anxiety..and the fact I'm barely coping means I require a better understanding so I don't have these fears?

Does that sum it up? :shrug:

itoldyouiwasill
30-10-10, 01:21
Hey Phil, those bullet points you have listed are spot on mate.

I have to be honest, I had a wry smile reading your post as it really is so typical in that you are obvioulsy a smart guy who has looked deeply into this and who ahs attempoted to arm themselves with all the smarts to beat it. Here is the thing, I made the mistake of chucking cold hard logic at it and was totally dumbfounded when I found out it didn't work....I had been able to solve all my problems in my life up to this point with l;ogic, reason and rationality but it now refused to work.

I believe that the next step for you is to take a leap of faith. It sounds to me like you have read the books and you have done the research and you KNOW deep down what is going on...you have totally sussed this out on the rational and logical level but you also have to relinquish the control and take that HUGE leap of faith which requires you to trust in yourself and accept that you are physically well and that this will pass in time.

I Know it isn't easy and it sounds very glib but believe me I had to do the exact same thing...I was always told and was led to believe that thoughts changed actions and my research and grasping for answers and solutions was based on this premise...it was only when I realised and accepted that it is actually actions that change thoughts and acted accordingly that things improved drastically for me.

I hope this sort of make sense to you on some level anyway.

debs71
30-10-10, 02:53
I agree. Those points are absolutely what is best and not best for depersonalisation in my experience at least, Phil.

Acceptance and affirmation for me is a huge part of dealing with this monstrous thing as well. Telling yourself constantly, like a mantra, that 'this is anxiety, my mind has created this, I control my thoughts and I refuse to let anxiety control me'. Also, having a plan is always good I find. Methods of coping, ie, now that I know this is anxiety, how am I going to tackle and conquer it. I really do feel that when I say to myself 'I can't do this, I'm scared of the way I am feeling, I hate this', all those negatives just make me feel worse and creates that spiral into panic and then depersonalisation (where the nerves are so sensitized that I get all those symptoms back) so nipping it in the bud with positive, grounding thoughts is the key I think.

It sounds corny, but it really does help - positive thinking, as once you stop feeling terrified of all those horrible sensations and fears that anxiety and DP brings, it is like a catalyst for relieving them.

It is very hard to reach that point Phil, I know but please believe me when I say it really can be done.

phil06
30-10-10, 09:16
Thinking about it makes it worse yes. I had a rough night again last night when I am in a worried state of DP my sleep is never deep I find myself waking up at all hours. Anybody else experienced this? Usually the symptoms are worse like the wierd feelings maybe as I'm tired but I can say at 8/10 worry or more sleep is always rough.

My head has also been in pain at times..I find worrying constantly makes alot of head pressure at the side maybe tension?

I think it is one of the most awful symptoms as I walk around functioning but in my head I feel somewhere else...usually a peak attack that's bad lasts around one hour before it eases off. I also read about it being in low levels of anxiety..not sure about that but I don't have alot of stress at the moment but the anxiety DP is quite bad so maybe it is? I woke up with a bad dream this morning and was convinced I needed help or I was crazy...luckily I got a few more winks sleep maybe an hour or so and got up for work feeling a little better.

What's annoying is the intensity of this feeling..first reaction to when my head goes funny either physical sensations or going mad is I'm going crazy or something. It's really hard as these attacks are quite bad at the moment but I do eventually calm. I'm not sure why they are at such a level right now? It's hard to know if accepting or challenge positive thinking is the way or relaxation. :unsure:

baileys
30-10-10, 10:59
I also read about it being in low levels of anxiety..not sure about that but I don't have alot of stress at the moment but the anxiety DP is quite bad so maybe it is?

I can see what you mean by that and ive also read it before.
I know the feeling of Dp when having high anxiety or a panic attack but the Dp i get now is usually when im just worried but not overly anxious.
Its constantly with me, to a certain degree anyway unless im totally engrossed in something.

Its a horrible place to be but the other hand i find it quite safe and calming.
My heart wont be racing or any other anxiety symptoms, im just totally detached from the world.
It can make me feel anxious, it depends what situation im in but the Dp comes before the heightened anxiety.
It makes me feel like an alien, and the world looks so strange. Im not very good at explaining what it feels like. Im getting help for it now.

phil06
03-11-10, 23:04
Has anybody else had these symptoms with DP?

My latest is:

*I feel glued to the PC, too lazy to move, mind focused on worry.
*Feeling the world is alien or I've died.
*Feeling frozen in the moment?
*Feeling very dream like but still feel alive.
*When a panic attack comes on I shift into dream mode, like I'm floating or not alive...
*When I'm panicy I stumble with words..get nervous too.
*My mind feels 100% focused on worry, only when I think about normal stuff does it feel normal. Feels like my brain is no longer working, or working properly?
*Waking up in the night feeling unreality..
*Not fully taking in objects and surroundings, lack of concentration, only able to focus on one thing.
*A pain/tension on forehead.
*Feeling very slow.
*24/7 worry.

Anybody had these? If so how long does it last? and is it just anxiety symptoms? :blush:

baileys
03-11-10, 23:20
phil you need to start focusing on your surroundings and what's going on in the real world rather than how you feel all the time.
Its all anxiety and you are fuelling it by paying it too much attention.

phil06
03-11-10, 23:42
phil you need to start focusing on your surroundings and what's going on in the real world rather than how you feel all the time.
Its all anxiety and you are fuelling it by paying it too much attention.

I know.

Just to add how bad it's got..I can't look at my phone and pc at the same time as I end up staring into space..my head is full of worry and I'm in a cloud, obsessed with my brain..terrified I'm ill..

Is that anxiety too? My worry is saying maybe I'm dying..maybe this is a slow sign im losing it, maybe a health issue?

But when I don't think about it, usually brief at the moment it does ease..my head is also tense with this slowness thing too..

I feel absorbed by this feeling..I feel I need to worry..duno why but I keep on worrying..maybe it's become habit?

I also don't feel I'm taking anything in..feel very distant..? is that anxiety too?

baileys
04-11-10, 00:00
Its all anxiety mate, mines a habit too and its very hard to break.
All these things are happening to you because you are letting your mind think them....that doesn't make much sense but you know what i mean.
You can look at 2 things at once, its you thinking that you cant.
I also feel i need to worry but i try and relax, even if its just for an hour a day, it feels good when i can do it.

rozie
04-11-10, 00:19
Hello Phil06
I empathise with you totally.
Having had 'familiar' anxiety symptoms for years, I was suddenly taken by surprise by a dreadful depersonalization experience a while back. I was in an unfamiliar city and had to catch a train. Needless to say it all went horribly wrong and was terrifying! Half of me was thinking 'this feels a bit like a panic attack' and the other half thought I was experiencing some sort of sudden onset Alzheimers episode. It went on and on and I thought I'd never get back to 'normal'. (Sadly, I didn't know about this wonderful site then either).
The reason I'm going on at such length is to hopefully reassure you that it did eventually pass. I did happen again on another occasion and I recognised it the second time which really helped.
I found that writing things down really helped. This may have been because it took my focus off my feelings.At first I was afraid to look up from the page even as it seemed the sensation would be somehow 'there' waiting for me. Now, with the passage of time, I sometimes notice my anxiety is tipping slightly towards the foggy, removed from it all feeling and I have learned to control it.
It is definitely one of the worst anxiety symptoms in my opinion but like all of them, it does lose its power once we learn to work through it. This is easier said than done but it IS possible.
Please feel free to contact me privately if you'd like to compare more detailed notes. Meanwhile I send you my very best and please believe me when I tell you it does pass and you are in control. Just because you don't feel that way right now doesn't mean it isn't so.

rozie

shaggyowen
04-11-10, 00:24
yeh im feeling like that right now realy spaced out and trippy lol i get sceard but then after some rational thinking just chill out and accept its just anxiety makeing me feel like this =]

phil06
07-11-10, 21:44
Has anybody had a crunching headache pain with DP and anxiety? and I can feel it kind of in my mouth..and my arms feel numb and not part of me?

Also anybody had the staring into space and feeling focused only on DP? I feel I can only focus on one thing and feel in a dream when I walk.

And back to the head pain when I move my jaw it's sore and can feel my tension at the side of my head is that normal?

It's hard to understand this symptom..I feel at times my brains not working too. Lights and so on feel dull too all day. :blush:

phil06
18-11-10, 16:17
Is this a symptom of depersonalization?

When I'm out I feel like a fixed focus camera when I turned around like to cross the road I almost run across now as I feel tense in my head like I won't see a full all round view or I'm not sharp?

It's worse outside than indoors as outside I'm more anxious...but sometimes in the house I do stare into space and feel I'm not taking in a full picture..sometimes I feel like a figure or statue and like if you shake it it moves..I don't feel like mobile at times feels frozen..it's got worse the more I worry about it and I have health anxiety...it's not a symptom I can like shake out of it just lingers?

Is that anxiety and DP and how can I get rid of this symptom? :ohmy:

removed
18-11-10, 22:22
Oh-I am glad to find this thread!
I have been suffering from D/P since about June this year following a very stressful time.What I want to know is-does anyone else that suffers with this get their brain in a knot that they just can't undo? This has happened to me-and while I accept that it is just D/P the thoughts that I have had have been so terrifying and my brain is in such a muddle that on one level nothing makes sense any more.
I am intelligent and rational and can function quite normally in the real world but running along side all that is an area of my brain that won't let me be :wacko: I am so sick of it!
Firstly I remember my childhood but it doesn't seem to belong to me.I have forgotten who I am supposed to be. I see myself as a nothing-I think about all the millions of other brains in the world-all the separate identities-all thinking they are the centre of the universe. I used to feel like I was the centre of mine once but I am miles away now-out there searching for my sense of self. I have panic attacks at the thought of crowds or big cities but I am not agoraphobic.I guess I have realised how small I am-like an ant. I ponder on the strangeness of each person being in their own bubble-seemingly at ease with themselves.I know these thoughts are rubbish. I sit beside my husband watching TV and I get freaked out at a football crowd. It doesn't bother him.He is an individual just like me but he knows who he is.I am sure I sound completely loopy but I think I am probably too SANE actually. What I am pondering on is akin to trying to understand infinity-the more we try to work it out the more it blows our mind! So I have got my brain in this complicated nonsense Knot-and I can't get back to being me. I am waiting to see a psychologist-but I just wonder if anyone else has found that D/P has caused their thoughts to be about the meaning of life the universe and their place in it? It is all terrifying to me. What a loony :rolleyes:

crazyhayz
18-11-10, 23:45
Phil, i get all the symptoms of DP u described in ur last two posts!!

I can deffo sympathise with you regarding the arms not feeling like mine, like they are a dead persons arms just sat there, and i think i cant move them but i can...its not nice. I get the crunching headache feeling, i think thats tension that causes that! thats what my doc said anyway! and i have awful tension in jaw and neck which i can feel in my head, speshly when i move my jaw around sometimes..

I ALWAYS feel like im in a dream when i walk, and i feel like a zombie or that im not rly part of this world, and ppl talk to me and i question who i am and why they r talking to me and who they are...its rly odd!!

I LAWAYS feel like i 'freeze out', like i feel frozen to the spot as if im stuck and im not able to move, but then i move and i know its rubbish but then i still question whether its normal that I had even felt this freezing thing... its a v.scary symptom.

The thing about thinking about one thing, and thats DP, and constasntly wondering if something is related to DP or whether its 'real'as such... and u sit there almost waiting for things to happen.. its horrible, i can more than sympathise with you on that one!! DP makes us feel trapped in someone elses body almost, with a brain that mtakes over our thinking that we cant control.. we CAN though, and thats where the beating it comes into play! Coz this is all just thoughts and adrenalin, and nothing more! I know that, but still it affects me...lol.

Lights always seem dull to me, rooms look smaller/larger than normal. I feel like im in a big bubble, like the world isnt real around me. Its so scary!

Feeling like a statue or figure is part of my everyday life, i knw wot u mean, i sit there and think to myself 'who am i' and like my bodsy is not mine and im wathing everything going on around me and question everything, like why im there and i look at yself doing things and thiunk 'why?' its so strange! i used to think it was madness, but its deffo not, as mad people dont realise they r mad lol. Its just over thinking, anxiety causes overthinking. My dp is getting better, but still a loingggg way to go :(

I just wanted u to know that all of this is DP caused by heightened senses and nerves within ur brain, which is all caused by the dreaded A word!! ANXIETY!!

CBT and meds help alot, but be careful of some SSRI'S, as they can be known to cause DP or make it alot worse..

Take care x

crazyhayz
18-11-10, 23:48
no ur right janet-c, my DP causes me to question EVERYTHING!!!!! especially the universe, why we are here, what brought us here, why we do the things we do, whether life is even real is a big one for me... ive just accepted it as anxiety, i wanted to see a psyciatrist but GP didnt think it was neessary. I dont think so now as i am learning to cope with my dp and have realised it often goes away when im completely carrying on with life keeping myself busy. Its just anxiety and ive realised that its call thoughts that do this to us, nothing more! x

phil06
19-11-10, 01:07
What concerns me is it's worse..I have to MAJOR fears: Going crazy being locked up or a brain tumour worry...

And I have had this vein at the side of my ear for ages..I can feel it pulsating..and now I notice all the veins like on my face I can almost see them at that side of my face if I look close? The doctor told me not to worry about feeling veins but generally it causes discomfort all day like a "stress" feeling or build up of tension?

Anyway I had been googling a few weeks back and I've had a blur in that eye at that side..and I realised that was a brain thing as a symptom so now all my head says I have that...

Then I feel I'm not processing, taking things in..I'm literately obsessed with the brain. Hence my worries both relating to what's going on up here...

My only comfort is reading the symptoms are severe if it's serious but I worry I'm undetected and I'll get worse and I'll be stuffed..:ohmy: I have read DP can cause blurry eyes in other posts but I really can't let go of these worries..If I am mad or dying I can't do much I'm snookered really..but if it is anxiety then I lead a very sad life worrying all day. :lac:

phil06
19-11-10, 01:12
Feeling like a statue or figure is part of my everyday life, i knw wot u mean, i sit there and think to myself 'who am i' and like my bodsy is not mine and im wathing everything going on around me and question everything, like why im there and i look at yself doing things and thiunk 'why?' its so strange! i used to think it was madness, but its deffo not, as mad people dont realise they r mad lol. Its just over thinking, anxiety causes overthinking. My dp is getting better, but still a loingggg way to go :(

I just wanted u to know that all of this is DP caused by heightened senses and nerves within ur brain, which is all caused by the dreaded A word!! ANXIETY!!

CBT and meds help alot, but be careful of some SSRI'S, as they can be known to cause DP or make it alot worse..

Yes it's like that I did question myself like that but since it returned a few weeks back it feels more like I'm frozen. I do get impulses of who am I? but it's not as bad usually it's just a lingering feeling all day..feeling weird or unreal is almost part of my day and I have the fears of going mad or health anxiety going too...and some ocd.

It's such a complex thing as it seems to change never feels quite the same as the last episode. 2 years ago I was working and all the seats seemed "red" and lights seemed like "wow" it flashed and moved on..it's only this year I've suffered the symptom so long..that I am chronic with many symptoms.

It's very hard to pull myself out it...usually I stay indoors more when it's bad, my enjoyment, interests all suffer, my gut reaction is it's not DP and it's my health or I am crazy..very hard to accept this symptom and move on..I find the only way to shake it off is maybe work right now where my mind is fully applied..walking, xbox, tv doesn't help as I can still half thing about it that's how intense it can be.

LisaLisa
19-11-10, 10:27

Aw hun i kow exactly how you are feeling , i have been this way. Its all just part of depression / anxiety......the worst thing you can do is keep trying to label it or categorise it and call it something.......or keep trying to 'work it all out' ............its an illusion...You actually just need to ignore it as best you can and use all your energy to doing normal things and being kind and patient with yourself, and bit by bit you will be rebalanced and feel like your old self again, I promise

Lisa
xxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

removed
19-11-10, 11:08
What concerns me is it's worse..I have to MAJOR fears: Going crazy being locked up or a brain tumour worry...

. :lac:

You are doing that thing we all do-watching yourself too closely.
The one thing I don't worry about is a brain tumour actually and no-one here should.
My brother in law had a terminal brain tumour a few years back and we all saw the insidious start of it before we knew what it was. I will not list the symptoms here-but bear in mind it is not one symptom-like a blurry eye-it is a myriad of symptoms that seem unconnected at first and most of them he was not even aware of-only other people noticed.
Its like that thought that you think you are going mad. Only sane people worry about that actually.I am sure we have all thought we were going mad but none of us actually are. In the same way if you think you have a brain tumour the chances are you probably haven't.
I hope that is a comfort to you.

janet c :)

phil06
05-12-10, 00:12
Does anybody find that after spells of little DP that it get's worse when it comes back? I've had about 3/4 phases it's eased, came back in a short space of time but feels 50 times worse than before? Some days I'm a combination of panic, DP, depression.

Plus I've felt so fatigued and run down all year I feel It will never ease..I don't understand how it can be so controlling..not felt normal in ages..just weird usually..very detached from life's purpose.. :shrug:

All I can hope is one day it goes and I don't have the fear to let it run me down?

AntiLove_SuperStar
05-12-10, 12:38
It will go. Well, from my experience. I was more or less depersonalised for two years in my teens. It was dreadful, and not being educated in matters of mental health I thought I was going to die or something (not that knowing about it helps or is a magic cure, but when you don't even know what you're dealing with, it's even worse!).

Most days I'd be freaking out internally about thinking, life, going mad, feeling distance, feeling out of it, and so on. Occasionally, years later, I might have the odd half hour or so. In time though it became sort of mundane for me. I hope this gets to be the case for you too.

lecb
26-12-10, 02:20
I am so glad to have found this thread.

I'm back in a lull of DP at the moment and it's hell. I have started to convince myself i am going mad. I know i am not. This is all so familiar. As much as i would never wish it on anyone else, it's very comforting to know I am not the only one.

Will be thinking and praying for everything (corny but to be honest when you feel that bad, anything is worth a try).

Ellie x