PDA

View Full Version : Serotonin syndrome... Now worried about that

Carly Lou
30-10-10, 14:48
Been taking my sertraline tabs now for 14 days, had some good days... but also some horrendous days...:ohmy:

Anyway yesterday i was a little anxious but was fine in the evening and after i took my tablet... woke up this morning with anxiousness which soon passed... checked my eyes.... decided i have more blood shot eyes than i have ever before.. and then started talking about serotonin syndrome... i googled.... OMG.... not only do i think i have some of the symptoms... they are also the same as anxiety symptoms... :weep:
since this convo my anxiety has been sky high... i feel dizzy, funny blurry vision, tierd sick... great got a halloween party tonite just what i need...

whats the likely hood of me having this syndrome... i have been taking 50mg tablets but cutting them in half so 25mg so to speak every evening...
first week was terrible so i had been taking diazapan with them and was feeling fine... not taking the diaz now only unless i need too.... may have to take one for this evening... dont worry i dont drink alcohol...

i also have a blocked ear all of a sudden hmmmm.....
wahhhhhh im so worried now
xx

lajjj
30-10-10, 15:06
firstly never EVER google! i think the more you read about side effects etc the more likely you are to have them! im the same new meds lots of side effects... but i have to ask my self are these really side effects or is it just anxiety...about getting side effects! its almost as if we are constantly scanning our bodies to check how we feel... if any 'normal person' without anxiety did that they would prob find it odd unusual feeling or ache or pain but they would quickly dismiss it...tho i think if they went and googled it they would worry :-s i know your having a hard time with the meds its horrible but try to stick with it just think your 2 weeks in! you have prob got through the worst!!!! be proud of that !:) try and go to the party tonight it might take your mind off things for a while xx

Carly Lou
30-10-10, 17:00
well i got myself in such a complete state about it all i had to take half a diaz 5mg.... i sat in my sons room as my other halfs kids are here to just calm myself down until the diazapan started to work.... so i guess, if i am feeling much more calmer now... i havent got bloody serotonin fecking syndrome....
i was doing so damn well also so i really miffed abt it,
i suppose i have to keep telling myself if there was something seriously wrong it would have happened by now....
:-( god i totally hate all of this... i cant wait til things are back to normal !!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx

lajjj
30-10-10, 17:05
they soon will be hun keep ur chin up :) xx

alicegreen
30-10-10, 17:08
I remember this well!
I had exactly those concerns too, but it is very very rare to be honest. Don't worry about needing diazepam to get you through this bit, it wont last much longer x:hugs:

ems43
30-10-10, 17:20
i too had this worry when is started anti depressents! Just to let you know, I discussed it with a friend who is a pharmacist who told me that serotonin syndrome develops rapidly, within one day of startign the medication or increasing the dose. He also told me that it is very rare, more often seen in combination meds ( eg, two different kinds of psychotropic drugs) and you would be SEVERLY unwell and this would be noticeable to others. so i don't think would develp after two weeks xx

Carly Lou
30-10-10, 17:52
thanks guys..... the diaz is starting to work now.... feeling alot more calmer just a bit spaced out, which is better than feeling like shit like i was earlier.... its so poop isnt it...
erm... dont know what else to say really, just sad that i feel this way and i thought i was doing well, which is a real crap moment for me...
i did read up on the serotonin syn... and yes i saw 2 or more meds... but not diaz thank god haha.... can you imagine my stress about that
just glad im not on my own with this... its truly terrible xxxx