PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help? please

mandyl
30-10-10, 18:19
hi
wondering if i can have some help/opinions pls?
i used to take venlaflaxine but was changed to mirtazapine recently.
gp thought it might help me as its sposed to be better for anxiety. we felt that i was more anxious than depressed.
ive built up to 45mg and have been on that dose about 3wks.
Thing is im sure i feel more anxious than ever:weep: i had 2 panic attacks last wk and hadnt had any for months. i take propranolol for them.
I always feel most anxious in the evenings. went to gp on thursday and she said try to stick with it it could just be a blip. thing is its really horrible and frightening. what do you guys think?
thankyou mandy xx

lori1
30-10-10, 19:30
i there mandy

I was on Mirt for 6 weeks and had sevre anxiety on them, i have ust been swapped to Prozac, last 4 days, and today i have walked around my shopping centre anxiety free. I have no doubt at all it was the MIrt, i felt so ill, worse day by day, in all of the 6 weks i took it. Absolute hell.

Do hope you feel well soon hun
Lori xxx

ElizabethJane
30-10-10, 19:38
Hi Mandy I have replied via PM. If there is anything to add I will post on here. EJ.

JT69
31-10-10, 14:17
Hello Mandy,

Sorry that you have been experiencing increased anxiety on the mirtaipine. I have been taking it since February. It is the only AD that didnt increase my anxiety when first taking it....I know we all react differently but I think for you it is still early days on the meds as we all know they do take time to start working. It could be the actual illness that is causing it rather than the meds....try and stick it out and see if it will settle. How long have you been taking mirtazipine for?? I know you say you have been on 45mg for 3 weeks. I hope EJ has managed to help you as I know she takes that dose too and that mirtazipine has really helped her along with other meds.

I do hope you feel better soon.

Take care.
Jo.xx

mandyl
31-10-10, 18:34
thanks guys for repyling that on its own really helps.
ive taken the mirt for roughly 8 weeks totally. i felt best when i was on 30mg and was still on low dose of my other ad.
it really does feel like its making my anxiety worse. not only indoors in the evenings but also when i do my cycling im a wreck,traffic never bothered me but now im like all nervy.:weep:

mandyl
01-11-10, 13:45
went to gp today,
she has put me on the orodispersible ones in case im not absorbing them properly. i have had a gastric bypass so is a possibility.
app on the 15th and i can change back to diff ones if i still feel the same