PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious If anyone else Finds this Hard

oscar1
30-10-10, 20:41
Its been just under a year since my anxiety and panic were at there absolute worst. If those few months were at a 10 then I would say I the current state of my anxiety is between 5-3, depending on the day. My last panic attack was in August. But I do still find traveling on public transport alone quite difficult. Even though I have no problem being alone at home, like I did at that time, or sleeping, for some reason that is still really hard for me. I try to just force myself to carry on as though normal, but sometimes I'm just really nervous. Anyone else have this problem?

JT69
31-10-10, 13:39
Hi Oscar,

Sorry no-one has replied to you....I can relate to what you say. I think the reason is you are coming out of your comfort zone...when at home we feel safe and secure and even though sometimes the panic comes then it is often when we do things out-side of that zone.

I think you should congratulate yourself on coming this far and try not to dwel on the negatives....sometimes it depends on what state of mind you are in too, I know it does for me. If I am going through what I call a "blip" then alot of things become difficult and travelling is one of them...other times I find it O.k. The problem I always have is holidays...I can feel absolutely fine leading up to it but on the day or day before I am due to go I get anxious and have feelings that I dont want to go but I know inside I do (if that makes sense), I then find anxiety takes over for a while and I wake up feeling dreadful and spend all day fighting it off and trying to be normal....I think we deserve medals sometimes with what we put ourselves through cos it is not nice at times.

I hope that you feel better soon...What I would say is at least you are doing it and not letting the anxiety/panic stop you and that is very brave and absolutely the right thing to do!!!

Take care
Jo.xx

DavidJ85
31-10-10, 14:21
I always push myself every day to keep operating even though in my mind I don't feel the same as everyone else. I feel outcast, alone and strange in my head.

It's horrible but you're not alone!

debs71
31-10-10, 14:52
Yes, I do too oscar1.

Like Jo said, I think we do have places of safety with anxiety and panic, and when we venture beyond them, the anxiety rises up.

I'm flying to Gran Canaria on Friday, and I feel fine about it at the moment, but I know come Thursday I will be very, very nervous. I think it is the thought of being away from the familiar, but also being contained in the aircraft with hustle bustle around me, and I hate that on buses, trains, etc. too. I find it a bit of a head wrecker!

As Jo also said, I think that you should be very proud of yourself for battling on regardless.....you are not alone in this at all and keep on battling!

Debs.xx