PDA

View Full Version : Worry has taken over

phil06
30-10-10, 21:17
I am at a stage now where I am chronically worried but little cause could it be a health issue casing anxiety and not anxiety making me worried?

For the last few days I have had head pains and awful fears of going mad..what I can't cope with is how strong this worry feels.

At the rate I am going I'll need to go back and see the doctor for diazepam. I'm supposed to be going out tonight..but struggling here..got overtime at work I'm worried I won't be able to do..I have little to stress me.

But this has been an issue I can't sink in that I'm ok I am sooo worried it's unbelievable. It's worse than any anxiety I've experienced before..I genuinely don't know how it can feel this bad..How on earth do I cope because I feel it's stopping me doing my every day business..I duno if I can manage work at this rate! :ohmy: I'm worried this is how people who go mad start before they go mad?

alicegreen
30-10-10, 21:35
I was where you are now a few weeks back. What helped me was olanzapine which is not addictive. It completely stopped the worry about being worried obsessive thinking that was invading every day and night.
I can assure you that you are not going mad, not at all, you are just having difficulty with logical thought right now.

Do you do any daily relaxation? I make sure that i fit in a session regardless of how i feel. It really helps.

You sound quite lonely too, do you live alone?

phil06
30-10-10, 21:38
I was where you are now a few weeks back. What helped me was olanzapine which is not addictive. It completely stopped the worry about being worried obsessive thinking that was invading every day and night.
I can assure you that you are not going mad, not at all, you are just having difficulty with logical thought right now.

Do you do any daily relaxation? I make sure that i fit in a session regardless of how i feel. It really helps.

You sound quite lonely too, do you live alone?

Hi..no 22 still stay with parents..I have a dilemma stay in or go out to a Halloween party i feel I'd be worse if I never went and regret it..but I came home from a night out around 3 weeks ago due to anxiety..just feels soo much like I'll go crazy..my concern is when I get myself in such a state will I enjoy myself? If not wasted effort.

alicegreen
30-10-10, 21:44
Try and go, ask yourself whats the worse thing that could happen? If you feel bad you can always come back home.
Do your parents know how you feel?
Have a good night out, go easy on the booze x

phil06
30-10-10, 21:46
Try and go, ask yourself whats the worse thing that could happen? If you feel bad you can always come back home.
Do your parents know how you feel?
Have a good night out, go easy on the booze x

Thanks..I felt so let down coming home early last time but worst case I do least I tried? Yes they know how I feel as I've been suffering 5 years but it's kind of got worse in the last six months and it got better and worse again. :blush:

Maj
30-10-10, 21:47
Phil you are so young and I feel for you that you are struggling with this awful anxiety - anxiety, not madness!! You are not mad and never will be. Reassure yourself of this. Anxiety can talk us into believing anything about ourselves. I feel you should be having more help from your doctor because I think we need a crutch sometimes to help us through. Sometimes it's just too much of a hurdle to get over yourself. Regarding the nights out - if you can go to them and stay until the bitter end, no matter how you feel, then you will be on the way to recovery. Recovery comes by doing the things we fear most, i.e. staying at the party and not giving into panic. Acceptance is the key. Accepting that all these feelings are caused by anxiety and that they can't do you any REAL harm is the way forward. You can do it you know. x

alicegreen
30-10-10, 21:48
hang on to the getting better bit. You did it before and you can do it again Phil.

itoldyouiwasill
30-10-10, 21:51
hang on to the getting better bit. You did it before and you can do it again Phil.

Indeed.

Remember that recovery isn't about what happens on the good days...recovery is about how you handle the bad days.

fightingmyself
30-10-10, 21:53
Its a horrible feeling, and the good news is that its anxiety. Anxiety, can be beaten.
Health anxiety is a real stinker, and there is little that anyone can say that would miraculously make you feel better.
You have to realise that you haven't always felt like this, you've had bad times in the past, and you've got through them. Try the party, if you don't enjoy it, come home - don't let anxiety dictate how to live your life, else it will try to become more and more bossy