PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural convention: A friend to the stars

NoPoet
30-10-10, 22:09
Hi all! I took my sister to the Supernatural convention today, I was not really looking forward to it, but we had an amazing time!

Not only did I manage to have a chat with some of the show's stars, I punched the Angel Castiel (played by Misha Collins) on the shoulder in a bout of over-enthusiasm and later stood up in front of about 500 people with a spotlight on me to ask questions to the bloke who played the Yellow-Eyed Demon. I am now on the official DVD. (I wanted to get my photo on the front cover but unfortunately "it's reserved for the stars of Supernatural" or whatever.)

My first conversation with Misha Collins went a bit like this:

Misha: "Hey, good to see you!"
PsychoPoet: "All right mate!"
(Misha throws his arm around me)
Misha: "I'm good thanks, you?"
PsychoPoet: "Not bad, cheers."
(Both pose for photo)
PsychoPoet: "See you later mate." (Gives Misha a good-natured thump on the shoulder) "Looking forward to seeing you in series six."
Misha: "Later!"

My second conversation, during the autographs:

PsychoPoet: "Afternoon."
Misha: "Hey, how's it going?"
PsychoPoet: "Not bad mate, thanks. Listen, I got a bit carried away during the photoshoot and punched you on the shoulder... sorry about that."
Misha: "Hey, it was great, I enjoyed it."

I was also called "mate" by the Yellow Eyed Demon.

Well anyway, if anyone ever wants to attend a Supernatural convention or an event run by Rogue Events, definitely have a go, it was an amazing day.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/nopoet406/30102010139.jpg

Bear in mind that I am 5'11" and weight just over 14st - that bloke is massive!!

Maj
30-10-10, 22:14
You are absolutely beaming and sound as though you had a wonderful time. A Supernatural convention sounds good to me! x

PokerFace
31-10-10, 03:47
OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

I love that show and OMG I really fancy Castiel, even more than Dean! So gorgeous!!!! I'm jealous. ;(

Good job for going to it, I know it can be scarey with anxiety! x

supersezza
31-10-10, 23:01
well done you!! what a success!

where jenson and jared there?!! i was devastated when jared got married to that demon girl in real life!

just working my way through season 5 now actually...

my favourite bit ever has to be this though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsyMtYoSkC0

x

PokerFace
31-10-10, 23:16
LOL supersezza! I loved that part too x

paula lynne
31-10-10, 23:19
Brilliant mate, glad you enjoyed! LOVE the pic x

supersezza
31-10-10, 23:22
LOL supersezza! I loved that part too x

and any scene when they have their tops off lol :blush:

PokerFace
01-11-10, 00:12
Haha I know right? They are a bit gorgeous. :wub: x

NoPoet
01-11-10, 18:43
Lol at everyone :D

No, Jared and the other one weren't there, and I thought it would be a bit crap to be honest, but I really enjoyed the day. All of the stars were brilliant, especially the Yellow-Eyed Demon, Freddy something or other. (Sorry I still don't know all their names.)

They were all a huge credit to their show (and to their country!). All of them were cooing over the picture I took up to get autographed - a huge picture of Dean's Chevrolet Impala - none of them had seen that picture before and one of their entourage asked me if I'd Photoshopped it.

My favourite part of the show was where everyone was fighting over the lucky rabbit's foot -- that was one of the most ridiculous fight sequences ever and I still chuckle when I think about it now.