PDA

View Full Version : Hello, just need a chat..........

Anniejay
13-03-06, 18:27
I don't really know how to start. I just feel so low and so down at the moment, but can't put my finger on why. I worry constantly about my kids (daughter is 16 and son 19) I worry about my health(which is fine incidently)and worry about all sorts of other insignificant things. I don't tell anyone how I feel, I just put on a smiley face and get on with it. Everyone likes me, I'm a popular person - regularly told that I am attractive and have a great figure (I'm 47), I get praised for my job, but still feel lousy inside. I have this feeling in my head which seems to have taken over and I can't control it?? Does that make any sense at all??? I jsut can't explain it very well - sorry. I have been on Sertraline for 10/12 years, and my doctor did suggest once that maybe I should increase the dose, but I'm scared to do that as I would love to come off it all together, and have tried several times to no avail.

I suffer from psoriasis, which again I cover up very well, although that too makes me upset.

If anyone has any tips out there to help put my mind at rest I would be very grateful - I just keep thinking 'why bother with life?' and I can't get rid of that feeling!

Love,

Annie

wendy
13-03-06, 18:35
Hi Annie
Welcome to the site!
Have you read through the Home page info, I found this a real help when first joined
Have you re-visited your doc recently? May be worth having another chat about the medication
Wendy x

Piglet
13-03-06, 19:05
A complete deviation from the anxiety/depression just for a mo.

Do you think this could be anything to do with where you are at in your life at all. I too am in my 40's and my teenage children are growing up and doing their own stuff and for the first time in many many years I am finding my life isn't all about them.

It's sort of nice and sort of well scary too!!! I am taking a little adjusting to not having all three of them around me so much and I think my hormones are a bit premenopausal too.

Just a thought and maybe completely of the track.

A big welcome to you too.:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Alexandra
13-03-06, 19:50
Hi Annie

Welcome to the forum hun.

You are not alone with how you feel & will get lots of support as well some great advice & help.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
13-03-06, 21:49
Hi Annie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sal
13-03-06, 23:18
Hi Annie

You have coped well and at times it does get on top of you as we all run out of those false smiles that get us through.

I am pleased you have joined the site and you will get lots of great advice and support and realising you are not alone is the best benefit i found.

People who understand and dont judge is a relief and we are all here to support you through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".