PDA

View Full Version : Missed beats when lying down

Towers
31-10-10, 10:44
Hi,

Does anybody else find that their missed beats get worse when lying down or can start when lying down? Sometimes I hate going to bed at night when they are like this - it makes it really difficult to get to sleep:weep:

AbbyH
31-10-10, 21:08
I get them usually when I first lay down, but mostly mine strike when I go from standing to sitting to fast. I've read that it has to do with the Vagus nerve and change in position. I have heard it is worse for alot of people when laying down to go to sleep especially when laying on thier left side, so your definetly not alone.

Going home
31-10-10, 22:11
I can go all day without one missed beat then get a run of them when I first lay down in bed...its annoying and only scary if I allow them to be, but its just the shift in position that can alter the heartbeat for a little while.

Anna xx

PokerFace
31-10-10, 22:47
My missed beats go mental when I lie down, especially on my back. I hate it really do. I was lyin down this mornin on my back watchin a movie and I had to sit bolt upright and gasp cuz I had a missed beat that made me lose my breath! So scary ;( x

paula lynne
31-10-10, 22:56
Hi towers, I get this every night, and its so tiring when all you want to do is sleep.
My gp has assured me its harmless. I try to ignore it or say out loud "not now ok", Im finding the less I worry, the more they seem to be getting less powerful. x

TracyL
01-11-10, 05:10
Hi

Yes this happens to me when i go to bed and it does make me put off going to bed until the last minute, unfortunately then i'm really tired and i've been told that this can make missed beats worse as you are tired :doh:, vicious circle. You're not alone though and they are horrible things.

luv
Tracy

Towers
01-11-10, 18:52
Hi,

Thank you for all your replies :)