PDA

View Full Version : dizziness is driving me insane.

merrysee
31-10-10, 12:40
ok so i am a big sufferer of HA, constantly live in fear i've got some un-diagnoised terminal illness, my latest fear being a brain tumour. I've been suffering so badly with constant dizziness, it's fine when i'm sat down or lying down, but when i'm on my feet it's awful, also i notice when i room is silent i have ringing in my ears. Been suffering with the dizziness for about 3 weeks, a couple of days ago it went and it was great but today it's back, i went to the doctors last week, he simply said it's labrynitis, but i'm not sure, if it's labrynitis why did it go then come back again? Has anyone else had this or do you think it's yet another anxiety symptom, please help before i go mad?

merrysee
31-10-10, 13:58
Please anyone advise?

Dahlia
31-10-10, 17:37
I did, above!

PanchoGoz
31-10-10, 18:50
I was diagnosed with uncompensated labyrinthitis a while back. The ear sometimes can't compensate after the illness. Dahlias advice is very good you know. Go back if it persists.

Carly Lou
31-10-10, 19:06
Merry.... I have had labrynthisis..... it is terrible... i completely understand,
you can get tablets from docs to stop the dizzies.... bummer i cant remember what they are called !!! xxx
pm if you want to know, i had it in jan for 4 weeks xxxx

Kerry B
31-10-10, 19:36
Hi I have the dizziness had it 24/7 for 6 weeks and mine was caused by anxiety. It does go from time to time, but then does come back I really feel for you as I no how awful and scarey it it. I saw 4 doctors as didnt believe i was causing it myself. Are you taking any mediction?

merrysee
01-11-10, 06:18
have been taking sertraline 50mg for about 9 weeks, but have only had this dizziness for the past 3 weeks, thaks for the adise everyone.

springblossom
01-11-10, 13:53
I don't take any meds and have awful dizziness and funny vision.