PDA

View Full Version : I dunno what to do....

Johnr
31-10-10, 13:14
Hi

I am really bad at the moment and what's making me worse could be my anxiety and excessive worry.

So anyone a few days ago I had a leakage come from my anus which was like a clear fluid, so I started to panic like always. I jump straight on the internet looking for symptoms as to what it could be.

So I seen somewhere it could be a tapeworm, so for the past week I have been constantly looking on the internet about tapeworm symptoms. Now I am convinced I have one inside me.

I went the toilet the other day and I thought I seen a white maggot like worm in my stool moving. I ran out the toilet worrying and crying. I went back in and had to take my stool out to be sure if I did see it or not. Sounds horrible I know but that's how bad I am. Anyway I didn't see anything in my stool.

I phoned the doctor and told him and he give me some tablets called Mebendazole. So I have had one of them and since then I seem to have got worse. I am not sure if it's my worrying making me bad. I have had a bad stomach, my stomach always feels empty, always rumbling, bad back.

This is destroying me. I am constantly washing my hands now. I wont go by my dog as I read on the internet you can get them from dogs, and I always sleep with my dog and have let him lick my face so I could of got one off him.

My family keep telling me to shut up and stop being stupid. I cant sleep, this is on my mind 24/7. I just wanna go the hospital and have them stick a tube down my throat to see if I have a tapeworm inside me.

What the hell do I do, could I have a tapeworm?

I see brown like seeds in my stool or am I just looking too hard?

I have suffered with Anxiety and Depression for years now and I am on Citalopram 40mg. for 2 years before this I thought I had a problem with my eye. Thought I was going blind, keep looking in the mirror as I think it looks deformed and different from my other eye. Endless amounts of eyes tests and even a brain scan and I am still convinced something is wrong with my eye. :(

DavidJ85
31-10-10, 14:23
Don't worry JohnR! Exactly this time last year I had the EXACT same thing!

I took the same medication you did, felt that massive fear as you are and don't worry it does totally pass. The tablets will kill off the tapeworm and it will pass in your stool!

I know it's hard not to worry but trust me the drugs do work and you will feel fine again I promise. Of course the anxiety and panic will take longer to cure than the tapeworm but hey it's a fight I'm still fighting myself!

You're not alone buddy!

Johnr
31-10-10, 14:44
Thanks mate.

I am not even 100% sure I have one. Hopefully it's just my anxiety and worry giving me these symptoms. If I do have a parasite infection I hope the tablets kill whatever it is off.

DavidJ85
31-10-10, 19:35
They definitely will chap don't worry besides they aren't dangerous or life threatening