PDA

View Full Version : Worried about starting meds due to job

lammylama
31-10-10, 13:41
My anxiety has taken a tumble again and im feeling the need to go and see my GP and get on some tablets again.Trouble is im a truck driver and the weeks of side effects are really gonna be dangerous to drive with.I dont want to tell work about my condition in fear of loosing my job so what do i do....i feel like im in a catch 22 situation but really want to conquer my anxiety

Last year i started some meds and nearly passed out whilst driving as my anxiety initially doubled on starting the course of tabs.This left me no option but to take truck back to work and go home sick for a few days to get the meds out of my system.

Vixxy
31-10-10, 13:50
Maybe you could ask your doctor to write you a sick note for a week that you could hand into your work?

JT69
31-10-10, 13:56
Hi,

In my experience of starting meds you do need a few days to adjust...I know I have faced this same dilema. My Gp is really good and in the past has just wrote "viral" on my certificate when I have needed to take time off as I dont want all the people at my work knowing I suffer either.

Hope you feel better soon.

JO.xx