PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

paulst
31-10-10, 15:33
I take 30 mg Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression, it helps because I also suffer from insomnia. It helps a little with depressed feelings but seems to be no use at all in treating anxiety. I feel so anxious at the moment, im finding it difficult to cope with work, just the thought of going tomorrow is making me feel awful, any advice.... Please.

Vixxy
31-10-10, 15:57
Hi Paulst, I swapped from Citalopram onto Mirtazapine when my insomnia and day time napping was effecting my life too much. I was so un motivated with life that it was almost pointless doing anything!
Since I've been on the mirtazapine I've found that I'm motivated to get out and about and my sleep pattern is brilliant now.
However like you I suddenly started to get anxious. Whereas in the past I suffered with panic attacks, I now suffer with GAD. My GP kept putting my dose up, so that I was eventually on 45mg and it made no difference to my anxiety.
I went to see another GP as I was so desperate for help and she suggested that we augment the Mirtazapine with an SSRI. I was dubious of being put back on citalopram again, so we settled on Seroxat. So, I'm now taking 45mg of Mirtazapine and 10mg of Seroxat. So I get the benefits of the motivation and sleep pattern from the mirtazapine and my anxiety is being kept under control by the seroxat.
It might be something that you consider :)

JT69
31-10-10, 17:21
Hi Paulst,

I too, have been taking mirtazipine after stopping citalapram....it helped my depression but not anxiety even on 30mg....so someone on here suggested pregabalin and I asked my GP and he happily prescribed them for me and they have really helped me...not cured cos I am a true believer that alot of it has to come with your own findings but the meds are really helping. Some GP's wont prescribe pregabalin as it is very expensive...but you never know it might help.

Hope you feel better soon.
Jo.xx

ems43
31-10-10, 21:40
Hi Paulst,

I agree- have been on mirt for about 4 weeks now, so is early days really, but i feel i can cope better/ feel less depressed by my anxiety is still constantly there. I am seeing my pdoc in a few weeks and am going to push for pregablin again then x

paulst
31-10-10, 22:19
Thanks guys, I will speak to my doctor and see what he thinks.

paula lynne
31-10-10, 23:05
Just want to say I hope you feel better soon, dont ever give up x

paulst
01-11-10, 11:07
Came home from work this morning feeling rubbish. Im seeing the doctor this afternoon, hopefully he can help.

mandyl
01-11-10, 13:58
hugs x

ElizabethJane
01-11-10, 19:58
Dear Paulst I am currently taking 45mg mirtazapine and 1,000mg lithium. Unfortunately some people do seem to suffer from break through anxiety whilst taking mirtazapine. I'm only guessing but your GP might increase the dose of mirtazapine or prescribe another anti d to work in conjunction with the mirt. Other short term possiblities are beta blockers or low dose diazepan for short term use. Other people on this site have found success with pregabalin but that is usually taken for a longer period of time is expensive to prescribe but for some people it is effective for anxiety. I use low dose diazepan for bad anxiety but usually try to manage without. I hope that you get on ok at the doctors. EJ.