PDA

View Full Version : exaggerated symptoms

puppyskin
31-10-10, 21:47
does anxiety exaggerate everything?i have a common cold and it feels 100 times worse than normal,just worry its something much worse.

daybyday
31-10-10, 21:50
Hi,
When my anxiety is up all symptoms are exaggerated, or even begin. Frustrating.
I've had cold and sinus problems for a month now. Seems more than normal to me also.

paula lynne
31-10-10, 22:42
Hi Puppyskin, yes, when our immune system is struggling, anxiety often feels a lot worse, and sweeps over us in a way. I hope you feel much better soon, there are a lot of virus going about just now. x
Take care of yourself x:)

Going home
01-11-10, 00:15
Hi puppyskin, like the profile pic with your little dog by the way, but I have to say it....you're a bloke so of course your cold is 100 times worse! Sorry couldn't resist :D

No, seriously, anxiety can make absolutely everything seem so much worse because you're actually feeling pretty grotty before the colds etc come along. Some viruses take a hold more than others, and if you are a bit run down anyway then the cold will prob be a bit more aggressive. Keep warm, drink plenty and Lemsip really does work!

Take care
Anna xx

blueangel
01-11-10, 10:18
Ditto for me as well. I also seem to find that other problems which are made worse by stress (like IBS) get worse when I get a bug of any sort.

puppyskin
02-11-10, 20:04
thanks for replies