PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Products Thread

supersezza
31-10-10, 23:11
Hey all thought I'd start a nice light-hearted post..

I'm always on the search for great affordable beauty products so thought I'd share some of my finds and also other people can input etc!

I think one of my top products for hair is Daniel Galvin Jnr's 'Crowning Glory' spray, it protects your hair from heat and also if you spray it on when your hair is dry it produces the amazing shine...almost like a mirror! It's also got UV-B protection and has organic cucumber and melon oils and extracts in it! I got mine from Waitrose when it was on offer and a 100ml bottle has lasted me about 5 months...so you wouldn't need many a year, I used mine at least once a day too!

Another hair product I love it Vitapointe...basically it's a leave in conditioner...if you are like me and have long thick hair then split ends and dry ends etc just happy...especially if your hair is naturally curling and you blow dry it/straighten it all the time like me! This again lasts me ages! Also you can get it from Home Bargains for a pound!! Which is great!

My last one for now is Loreal's eye lash serum...at first i thought this was crap, it was like £8.99 and i couldn't see a difference at all with my lashes, i was using it very occasionally...then i thought i really should use this and changed to using it every day...the difference was amazing! i put it on before i got to bed and then it just washes off in the shower...i just think my lashes look thicker and seem to be stronger...again he 7.5ml is like a mascara and has lasted me 5 months and counting....

I would like some suggestions for a new foundation, something that is mattifying as my skin is quite greasy on the t-zone...i used to use lancome maquimat which was AMAZING...then they discontinued it! grrr!! since then i've shipped it in off the internet but it's getting expensive and it'll run out at some point!!

Sarah x

paula lynne
31-10-10, 23:24
Hi Sarah, try Perfect Match by Rimmel, very reasonable, and its great for the T-zone.
A lot of my stuff is from Lush...one sniff and youll be hooked!
Perfume, bath bobs, hair care, shower jelly, massage bars....yum x

Going home
31-10-10, 23:33
Thanks for the tip about Vitapoint conditioner...Ive been using the leave-in conditioners for a few years now and they're really good but some of them can be expensive so this one is one to look out for thanks. Also, if you're looking for a matt finnish on your face, my daughter was telling me about a powder that you apply with a large brush and it covers like a matt foundation, and is really light on your skin. She can even put a moisturiser on first without it affecting the powder. Her skin looks amazing and she's prone to dry, flakey skin on her face if she's not careful. Thing is though sorry, I now can't remember what its called so will have to ask her again and get back to you :D

Anna xx

supersezza
07-11-10, 23:17
Cool thanks!

Another good hair conditioning product is anything with royal jelly in it...you can even buy it separately at health shops but Loreal do a good range it in...it really work in terms of lack of frizz and general condition etc!

ditzygirl
19-02-11, 09:36
I absolutley adore Liz Earle Products, a bit expensive but the results are great and they last a long time too. Maybe put them ask others to buy for your birthday etc.

heavenly
19-02-11, 09:59
I would like some suggestions for a new foundation, something that is mattifying as my skin is quite greasy on the t-zone...i used to use lancome maquimat which was AMAZING...then they discontinued it! grrr!! since then i've shipped it in off the internet but it's getting expensive and it'll run out at some point!!

Sarah x

Lovely thread, ooooh I love make-up. :D Well, Christian Dior is my splurge treat, pricey but lasts forever but what you are after, my sister recommended me a very reasonably priced primer and foundation which is brill for shine! GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer, you can get it in Superdrug. Your skin feels like velvet and takes all the shine away, its about a tenner and will last ages. Then the foundation is Maybelline The Eraser, takes away the shine and gives a flawless complexion, also a tenner! Bargain!! :D

I adore MAC for eyeshadows, a bit pricey but they last forever and have the most divine colours! :yesyes:

Hazel B
20-02-11, 20:21
Good thread. I can recommend Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus with SPF for daily use. I use the one for dry skin, it lasts ages and keeps skin soft.

Does anyone know of any good styling products for thick curly hair? I've tried Frizz Ease, Bumble and Bumble, Toni and Guy, Label M & Tigi. I want soemthing to define curls but not make them crunchy? Thanks.:D

snowgoose
20-02-11, 20:27
oh ..........I like this too :)

never bother much really:blush:..............but love to read about it .
need advice on a nice light perfume ......not too floral and not too pricey .
and soothing for frazzled nerves .
thank you xx

PoppyC
20-02-11, 20:32
I wear Chanel Vitalumiere foundation and it is the best I have ever tried. I have also used Estee Lauder Day Wear foundation and Dior too, which were both very good.

http://charlotteca2011.blogspot.com/

ladybird64
20-02-11, 20:33
Hiya Snow :)

What about good old Avon? http://www.avon.com/

I used to get a lot of my perfumes from them, they do some really nice ones and the prices won't give you heart failure!

And no, I don't work for them :D

snowgoose
20-02-11, 20:42
thank you for tip ladybird :)

got an agent in area .....had to laugh at myself though because immediately I thought ......oh excellent !!
wont have to go out to buy it and face shopping mall:scared15:.
avoidance tactic I know . will try them .thank you xx

heavenly
21-02-11, 10:46
Does anyone know of any good styling products for thick curly hair? I've tried Frizz Ease, Bumble and Bumble, Toni and Guy, Label M & Tigi. I want soemthing to define curls but not make them crunchy? Thanks.:D

Aveda, pricey but great for curly hair. :D

http://www.aveda.co.uk/templates/products2/mpp.tmpl?77tadvert=6261031004&CATEGORY_ID=CAT7212&PRODCAT_ID=CAT8154&77tkeyword=curly%20hair%20product&77tentrytype=s&gclid=COvwlumImacCFYEOfAodDz8udA&77tadunit=b141861f&cm_mmc=google%2d_%2dsearch%2d_%2dgeneric%2d_%2dcur ly%20hair%20product&77tentry=free_gift_general

Tish
21-02-11, 11:47
Great thread.. I suffer with oily skin and have to be really careful what I put on it or I break out in spots. After lots of trial and error I've found what works for me.. Avon Clearskin professional products to cleanse then Boots Time Delay moisturiser with it's SPF.
I'd much rather use personal recommendations than trust a magazine, I think their beauty editors are payed to plug products that don't always 'do what it says on the tin' x

margaret jones
21-02-11, 11:53
Face creams Day/Night Aldi (LACURA ) excellent value and really work approx £2.99p a pot xx

Hazel B
21-02-11, 14:21
Thanks heavenly. We have an Aveda store in town so I'll try their curly hair products!:yesyes:

I never knew Aldi had face creams and so cheap! I may try the night time one, though my EL Daywear is too good to change!

I agree with Tish, I don't trust magazines as their motives are not known.

Tish
21-02-11, 20:43
Thanks heavenly. We have an Aveda store in town so I'll try their curly hair products!:yesyes:

I never knew Aldi had face creams and so cheap! I may try the night time one, though my EL Daywear is too good to change!

I agree with Tish, I don't trust magazines as their motives are not known.
Aldi have repeatedly come out tops in blind tests for their face creams, even against the most expensive brands, everyone I know has switched. I just need something that's non pore clogging. :)

paula lynne
21-02-11, 20:50
Hi Tish can I recommend a cream called Celestial by Lush, check it out online. It smells like....orchids and vanilla, really makes my skin feel fab and is nice and light. Its about a tenner, but a little goes a long way. Its a stunner.:D

PoppyC
21-03-11, 22:24
Lush do some really good products - all natural too.
I still can't find any natural foundation to beat Chanel though. :unsure:
I use beeswax or cold cream on my face at night which keeps it from getting too crinkled. In the day I use Clinique products. Holland and Barratt do a really good range of natural products.

Lola-Lee
22-03-11, 03:30
I use Aveda products on my hair and Dior,on my face and body(you would not know it )..lol,might just go back to the old Ponds cold cream
Lola