PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get eye twitch when anxious

uk23
01-11-10, 00:28
I noticed that since my anxiety kicked in when im stressed or get upset my right eye goes mental and nearly closes itself on its own, if it doesnt do that then it twitches loads.

Anyone else get this sort of thing?

Going home
01-11-10, 00:43
Yes, this has been a symptom of anxiety for me for quite some years to be honest Piers...usually the left eye for me when i'm stressed, but can be the right eye too sometimes...as well as my top lip twitching. I'm sure you've Googled this? and it will tell you its a serious neurological symptom, well ive had this for over 20 years and i'm not terminally ill. Its just another manifestation of anxiety.

Take care
Anna x

uk23
01-11-10, 00:53
Hi Anna,

Thank you for the reply, good to see you on the site still.

Piers

JAYQ
01-11-10, 02:50
It isnt necessarly when i am having anxiety symptoms but my left eye lid was twitching at times and now my right eye lid does it and not my left. I found sometimes it starts after i sneeze, but usually last no longer than a minute at a time.

Anxious_gal
01-11-10, 04:54
my eye sometimes feels numb.....
maybe your having like a tiny muscle spasm or the muscle is clenching up?

DavidJ85
01-11-10, 08:39
I get twitches all over the place most of the time which is just a surefire sign that I suffer from anxiety a lot!

blueangel
01-11-10, 09:26
I get these a lot as well, and have done for years; it can either happen for a couple of hours or go on for days. It seems to be associated with tiredness for me too, as I will get it when I've been short of sleep.