PDA

View Full Version : gained weight, sweats, shaking

bomberbeamish
01-11-10, 08:16
hi ive been on seroquel and duloetine for a while now , ive put on stone and half, and am terrible which choc and biscuits, ive been on diet last few days , which is failing, but the last few mths, ive been have hot fluses, sweating during night, and shakes every now and then,, then i eat somting sweet and i feel better,, have i devolped diabeties.

blueangel
01-11-10, 09:53
Well, the easiest way to sort out whether or not diabetes is the problem is to pop along to your local pharmaacy - many of them now do on the spot testing for diabetes which just involves taking a pinprick sample of blood from your finger.

A lot of antidepressant-type drugs are infamous for causing people to put on weight, unfortunately (one of the reasons I avoid them!) and I think often they can cause sweating and hot flushes. Again, a chat with your pharmacist will help with that one as they have access to side-effect information about the drugs that you're taking.

Hope this helps!

Vixxy
01-11-10, 13:09
I get the terrible munchies from taking ADs. I can eat a whole packet of biscuits and still want sugar afterwards. Like you I worry that I could be setting myself up for diabetes too ><
At the moment I get terrible night sweats from taking an SSRI.As Blueangel says the symptoms can be related to the meds,but it is a good idea to get yourself checked out anyway.
You could also be suffering from hypoglacemia. I get these when my blood sugar drops and the only thing that will fix it is something with a lot of sugar in it. However you can avoid them happening by trying to eat food with a low GI that burns off energy slowly, so that you dont end up with highs and lows