PDA

View Full Version : Awful feeling came over me

dodo
01-11-10, 11:55
I was just sat here minding my own business when I suddenly felt like the life had drained out of me and I went faint all over. Luckily I had a paperbag close by so didn't panic afterward too badly, but can anyone tell me what this was? It felt so horrible I can't explain it properly. I was petrified.

Bubblee
01-11-10, 12:03
I have had that happen to me a few times. I just put it down to a diffrenent type of panic attack. Its not a nice feeling at all and it certainly put your brain in to over ride thinking what has just happened to me.

I power through them if I get a feeling like that. Try watching a comedy film or thinking about something nice. You will soon forget.

dodo
01-11-10, 12:07
I didn't feel a palpitation but it was almost like my heart had stopped. It was awful and I just sat here crying for a few minutes.

PokerFace
01-11-10, 12:17
Did you have to take a big breath of air? Like gasp just after? x

dodo
Yes I felt like I was drowning.

Bubblee
I don’t always have palpitations when having a panic attack. I get this horrendous feeling of dread/doom that comes over me. My skin gets cold and tingly, like my hairs are standing on end. Even get to the point were I think I am about to die. It’s the worst feeling ever.

Panic attacks come in so many diffrent ways and sizes. They are horrible things,

dodo
01-11-10, 12:28
Well I am pleased with myself that I didn't have a full blown panic attack afterwards but now it has left me fearful again of going anywhere or that maybe there is something wrong with my hear again. God I hate this. I know full well there's nothing wrong with me aswell as I have had tests. Agghhhhh.

PokerFace
01-11-10, 12:40
I get this quite a lot! Most recently being yesterday morning. I was lying in bed watching a movie and I had to sit bolt upright and gasp for air cuz it felt like my heart had actually stopped. Nothing wrong with your heart unless we have the exact same condition which is very unlikely! Please don't let this get to you dodo! I get it too x

dodo
01-11-10, 12:48
Oh no, you have a condition? IS that what yours is to do with?

PokerFace
01-11-10, 12:50
OH! No I worded that wrong sorry! I mean if what you just had is a sign there's something wrong with your heart that must mean that there's something wrong with mine which there isn't, which means your heart is perfectly fine too! Sorrrry I'm a dummy sometimes! x

dodo
01-11-10, 12:51
Phew! Lol.

countrygirl
01-11-10, 13:57
Dodo - have your read my previous posts about awful feeling like your heart stopping and feeling very faint and then racing heart (150bpm) and panic symptoms - I had two attacks in a week and ended up in casualty. I have always had ectopic beats and this feeling was like a massive ectopic or something and had never happened before. Of course because I ended up in casualty I have to see a cardio for a longer than 24hr ecg to see if they can pick up what happened but don't panic - you have made me feel so much better as I have been terrified of gong out or being on my own in house in case I have another one. I only had my last 24hr ecg in May that showed my usual ectopic beats- I have them all the time but they are only noticeable to me if they are coming every2-6 beats and then they are awful and I get a weird head rush as I get the ectopic.

Would you like me to let you know how I get on with cardio??

dodo
01-11-10, 16:39
Sure yes that would be interesting. I have had a treadmill test and echo not too long ago though so I know deep down there shouldn't be anything wrong, but it was just to most awful feeling like I've never felt before in my life.

countrygirl
01-11-10, 17:08
I agree with you there - I was sitting in a cafe and it hit suddenly with me this weird sensation in my chest as if my heart had stopped and I felt very peculiar and faint and then sudden racing heartbeat- I then got the panic effects in having to rush to the bathroom!!! you know what I mean and went all hot and sweaty. The awful feeling lasted about 5-10 seconds at most but it was so scary.