PDA

View Full Version : Just one lovely pleasure

Ms Nice
01-11-10, 16:01
Hi all,

I recently made a deal with myself to try visiting this site most days...as I recognised I was only coming here when struggling terribly (I experience anxiety and depression and am lucky to be 21 weeks pregnant right now). I guess I feel a need to come here when feeling 'ok' so that I can make sense of the useful advice and information on here.

I read somewhere about appreciating some small things in each day can help us see that the world can be a positive place, so here let's post one thing in our day that we have been thankful for experiencing. It would be great to hear the wonderful things you've all experienced. I'm going to try posting one thing most days.

here goes...

Right now I am sitting by the window with the bright sun shining on me :D

mabelthemini
01-11-10, 16:08
walking my dogs in the lovely countryside here in devon.

heavenly
01-11-10, 16:17
Spending time with my niece and nephews.

Dizz
01-11-10, 16:24
Great minds think alike Ms Nice.... :D

I started the very same idea yesterday in the TOP TIPS section under the heading Today I have... (possitive posts only please) (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83941)

Oooh so now where do I put what I've done.... do I put it on the one I started or yours or both :D

:yesyes:

olderfella
01-11-10, 16:31
Had a realy good back workout awsome:)

Ms Nice
01-11-10, 16:47
Hi Dizz, I guess I hadn't looked far enough around the site to see your post! What to do?! Let's hope they are both inspiring and I look forward to reading your thread each time I visit here too :yesyes:

Another small pleasure there...we really aren't alone and it is great that there are others out there also seeking positivity in their lives :hugs:

Dizz
01-11-10, 17:12
We should put one on every topic board so that sooner or later everyone will see them and join in ha ha:yesyes::D

Must admit it took me ages to remember where I'd put mine cos there are so many different threads on here... I persevered and found it eventually though... there you go that's a good thing too... :blush:

Anyway today I have rung up a local alternative therapy health place. They do allsorts of stuff there but they recomended trying reflexology. Not bad at £37 and I can go next week. Really looking forward too it even though I've got really ticklish feet :ohmy:

Took my dog for a walk and found £20 blowing around in a pile of leaves on the deserted canal bank so put it in the local childrens charity shop donation bucket. That made me feel nice :yesyes:

mabelthemini
01-11-10, 19:31
that was really good of you Dizz...hope it gave you a long lasting good feeling-you deserve it, not a lot of people would have done that.

paula lynne
01-11-10, 19:59
Today Im happy that...two nice people on here have started threads about positivity, and reasons to be grateful xxx

Ms Nice
03-11-10, 15:14
The wonderful red and golden leaves on the trees outside my window :)

Ms Nice
06-11-10, 14:35
Sharing my baby's scan pictures with friends and familyhas made me feel blessed.

mick_uk
06-11-10, 17:40
Taking the last chocolate from the box

suzy-sue
06-11-10, 21:32
Being out in the winter sun today ,even tho it was very cold .It lifted my mood .:D sue x

Ms Nice
09-11-10, 16:06
Knowing that I had an umbrella in my handbag...and being thankful for it!

Ms Nice
19-11-10, 17:18
Today's lovely pleasure is that, after managing a hectic day, I can now enjoy a nice dinner and chill out for the evening. This feels nice.

Richiebrum
28-11-10, 11:35
I take great pleasure in that fact that despite all this suffering and a knee operation that i can still run, the sun was out this morning and although it was extremely cold it was great running towards the hills, just me on my own against the elements, beautiful!

JJ76
28-11-10, 12:12
I am grateful for a cuddle (as hard as I find them) from a child I never thought I would have.

Ms Nice
06-12-10, 12:47
I'm glad I have this to come to today...to make me find something good amongst quite a stressful day...so my little pleasure is that this website and it's wonderful people are here.

doodah
11-12-10, 01:16
Listening to old songs with my 91 year old mum today.:hugs:

blue moon
11-12-10, 01:42
Hearing my sisters voice on phone from Iran:weep::yesyes: