PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and paranoia or just bonkers?

Serafina
01-11-10, 16:52
I honestly feel like i am going mad. Not only do i have extreme anxiety from just living and breathing but i feel like i am also paranoid.
I havent mentioned this to anyone yet as i am more paranoid about being carted off somewhere.
Does anxiety and paranoia go together??
Not even sure i put this thread in the right area...

ok.. my symptoms of loosing the plot are..

Seeing things out of the corner of my eye (like someone is watching me) but no one is there.
Hearing strange noises that dont seem to have any explaination.
Constantly in fear someone is waiting for me

Im on 60 mg fluoxetine.

elainey70
01-11-10, 16:57
Hi their,

You are not bonkers, this is anxiety. I too have seen things from the corner of my eyes and nothing was there. Anxiety has so many symptoms and can play all sorts of tricks on our mind. Try and relax i know this is easier said than done sending you a big hug:hugs:x

Idstain
01-11-10, 17:09
Hi,

this is a very normal experience with anxiety. your brain is in a hyper vigilant state is all, you are not crazy. when your brain returns to a more "normal" state all of this stuff will go.

it's understandable to find it upsetting, just try not to let it get on top of you , the more you can accept it then the less anxious you'll feel.

good luck :)

PanchoGoz
01-11-10, 18:17
Fear of living - that gings a bell for me. Yes when you have run out of things to worry about you will beging to worry about the basic concepts of life. Some people here have complained of not having a grasp on reality or they have just realised how long their body is and can't deal with it. And if you concentrate on your breathing, you will begin to find it painful. Sound relevent?
You are in desperate need of some distraction to take your mind off things. Then the hyper-awareness will disappear too. You must find an outlet, hobby, job or something to consume your mind totally.

PanchoGoz
01-11-10, 18:18
...gings a bell?

Daat
01-11-10, 18:34
Fear of living - that gings a bell for me. Yes when you have run out of things to worry about you will beging to worry about the basic concepts of life. Some people here have complained of not having a grasp on reality or they have just realised how long their body is and can't deal with it. And if you concentrate on your breathing, you will begin to find it painful. Sound relevent?
You are in desperate need of some distraction to take your mind off things. Then the hyper-awareness will disappear too. You must find an outlet, hobby, job or something to consume your mind totally.

Past few months have been like this for me. It's really intense at times. I'm not sure what to do, I keep myself occupied but it doesn't change loads. I was feeling a bit better but my friend died a few weeks ago and now I'm even worse.

DavidJ85
02-11-10, 17:04

That's exactly me!

I have anxiety, OCD, paranoia, depression all ravelled into one matey and it sounds to me like you have most of them too! They're all part and parcel!