PDA

View Full Version : Just had my medical

paula lynne
01-11-10, 17:05
:weep: Hi all, what a day.
Its so hard with agoraphobia, especially when youve got no choice but to comply.
Had my Atos medical today, had panic before I went, usual suspects, sweating, vertigo, palps, irrational thoughts, tummy upset...etc...etc....
I was nearly an hour late going in.
For me, that felt like all day.
The doctor was indian, very nice bloke, but I found it very difficult to express how I felt, or even get across my basic problems, which left me completely frustrated. Its hard enough expressing how I feel TO MYSELF let alone a stranger.
It took 20 mins, then....he pressed the wrong button and casually announced "oh its all gone...have to start again" Unbelievable.
Do these things happen to me only????
Having made light of my problems and asked what a girl with a brain like mine is doing wasting my time, yes the inevitable happened..I started to panic.
hankfully, the physical exam took 5 mins.
Im so glad to be home, but as usual, its in this "resting state" that the adrenaline kicks in, and now I feel awful.
Tingling from head to toe, feel sick again.....
I guess my problem is something he said to me...cant get it out of my mind!
He said " So are you telling me, your gp said your Aortic Reflux and your ectopic beats ARE NOT CONNECTED??"" WHAT??? what does he mean? Are they connected?
My Gp says my ectopics are anxiety, but they did start just before I was diagnosed with Aortic reflux (blood going wrong way, have to have valve replaced in future).
Im trying to take my own advice, trying to be calm, but am in a mess today. So tired of feeling sick and tired.
Any advice would be appreciated (my neck is now going stiff)
Sorry everyone x:weep:

Vixxy
01-11-10, 17:26
You had to have a physical? Wow, you do have it tough!
In regards to the heart comments. In my mind the "doctors" that work for Atos are not proper doctors. I don't think anyone that trained as a doctor would actually want to sit behind a desk asking those questions all day. Surely you do it because you want to help people? Anyway I digress, the kind of doctor that would take that job is probably a crap doctor. So I wouldn't take their words over your own trusted GP.
You need to try and flip your thoughts on their head. At the moment you're engrossed in all the horrid stuff that you went through today. You should be patting yourself on the back for doing it! You've done super well today. Just going is bad enough, but you had multiple other things thrown in. So well done!!
Run yourself a bath, get in some comfy pjs, get a treat and watch a nice movie tonight. or maybe you could buy yourself something nice online?
Every time you start to get anxious or stressed, tell yourself how well you did :)

Hazel B
01-11-10, 17:38
Well done for going, that's not easy for you, so you've done well.

You advise people to use a paper bag, do something distracting and have a nice warm bath, if I remember rightly. Hope you're looking after yourself. Please don't go on any threads that wind you up until you're feeling better, I know there are certain ones that ignore all your lovely advice and help.

Thinking of you and well done again for getting through it. :hugs:x

baileys
01-11-10, 18:32
I guess my problem is something he said to me...cant get it out of my mind!
He said " So are you telling me, your gp said your Aortic Reflux and your ectopic beats ARE NOT CONNECTED??"" WHAT??? what does he mean?
He was probably asking you the question because he hasnt got a clue himself:wacko:
Well done for going for your MOT

paula lynne
01-11-10, 18:50
Thanks all. My panic is better, just have the headache from hell...am in Pjs, as advised, watching Jamie Oliver, cuddled up wiv hubby. Hated today. Roll on tomorrow x Thanks for your support x

Vixxy
01-11-10, 18:55
Ooh i love watching Jamie Oliver with my hubby :D 30 minute meals?

paula lynne
01-11-10, 18:57
yes on now, lovely stuff, may have a go at the summer veg lasagne one day x

Vixxy
01-11-10, 19:00
I've got it sky +'d. :D

Hazel B
01-11-10, 19:05
Hope tomorrow is better for you. x:)

paula lynne
01-11-10, 19:10
Thank you I hope so too. Thank you to all whove show concern for me, despite their own problems. It means a lot x

paula lynne
01-11-10, 19:47
:blush: Thanks Paul :blush:
Just wanted to check you were ok, thats what friends are for x
All embarrassed now you monkey :blush:

paula lynne
01-11-10, 19:50
ooohhh Thank the Lord for that x:winks:

Hazel B
01-11-10, 19:51
It's all true, you have a gentle and kind heart. x:hugs:

Nigel
01-11-10, 21:19
Hi Paula,

Sounds like a horrid day... but it’s over now :hugs:

Pressing the wrong button... agg!! :angry: :lac:
That’s so not fair... :meh:

Anyway, well done for coping with it all. Now you go and have a well deserved cosy evening with hubby, and leave NMP to cope with itself this evening :winks:

Hope tomorrow’s a better one :yesyes:
Nigel

paula lynne
01-11-10, 21:44
Thanks Nigel x
Yes I will leave NMP cope on its own tonight...haha x
Thanks for the kind word, and Im sure tomorrow will be better x

mandie
01-11-10, 22:00
Well done for going Paula. Its a horrible thing to go to, i was a panicked mess!

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow

xx

paula lynne
01-11-10, 22:04
Aww ta Mandie x

Electric_Worry
01-11-10, 22:15
I hope you take some degree of comfort or positivity from this experience, knowing you had to endure the rigours of a medical and yet made it through unscathed. To some it might not seem much, however to those suffering like you are, it's a great accomplishment.

We don't know each other, so to speak, however your username crops up in countless threads to reassure people and offer advice, so it's nice to hear of positive news regarding yourself.

paula lynne
01-11-10, 22:19
Thank you Electric, thats very kind of you. Yes, I got through it, time to "switch off" about it now!
I appreciate your post x

JaneC
02-11-10, 02:19
Paula, sorry you had such a rough day, hope you are feeling better this morning after a bit of chilling x

ditzygirl
02-11-10, 11:49
Paula - sounds like a nightmare but well done for going.

My local Atos office is on the 2nd floor of a building in a horrid little lane with some kind of criminal court on the floor below. The very place is scary before yu walk in the door!!!!

I have tried to attend but can't do it yet.

At least its over for a while.

Hope you have recovered a little nowx

paula lynne
02-11-10, 12:55
Thanks ladies, feel better today! x Usual dizzyness, but nowt major.....am pottering around the house and just enjoying a healthy chicken salad, Im soo good! xxxx

paula lynne
02-11-10, 13:04
OMG i just noticed Ive been promoted!! senior member...looks like all my interfering in other peoples business has paid off! haha...waiting for my bagde Di! xxx whoop whoop xx

PoppyC
02-11-10, 13:26
Hi
Just a quick message....You are allowed to insist on a home visit for your medical if you have agoraphobia.