PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks n other worries!!

crazyhayz
01-11-10, 19:52
I know everyone says that when u feel a panic attack coming on, breathing in and out of a paper bag helps regulate the breathing and stop the panic attack. but what about if ur breathing is FINE when ur panicking??

Whenever i get panic attacks, i dont hyperventilate coz ive been trained through CBT how to stop this. Ive even had people check when ive been having one and also an ambulance that came out one night said my breathing was fine, but i was having one of the biggest anxiety attacks ive ever had! sI feel all the horrible scary bodily symptoms of panic, but because I cant do anything to stop them (i.e. paper bag), then i simply gotta wait until it goes away (which can be hours) :(

I keep worrying ive got tumours of the adrenal glands as the most common symptom of this is sudden panic and anxiety out of nowhere that u cannot control. I can never control mine. Ever.

My swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin are still up, getting very firm.hard now, not bigger though. hospital said i could have biopsy only if they got bigger (they are curently about 1.5cm)

Im so scared as i keep getting strange pains and symptoms that ive never ever felt, ive had two different mouth sores on the inside this week. So weird. Ive had sharp and strong aches in my groin and abdomen, but all my blods are normal. I fear cancer has struck, or at least is hybernating somewhere :(

Vixxy
01-11-10, 20:04
Maybe you're under breathing now. I have never hyperventilated when having a panic attack, I tend to hold my breathe and breathe into the top portion of my lungs. Next time you feel anxious, breathe into your stomach and see if that helps.

nomorepanic
01-11-10, 20:13
I don't hyperventilate when I get panicky but slowing my breathing down calms me down more so it works for me.

crazyhayz
01-11-10, 20:23
I thought it was just hyperveilting that casued all the symptoms, but if i dont hyperventilate. sorry i get it now lol x

Boxerharvey
02-11-10, 17:00
I hardly ever have breathing difficulties anymore when having a panic attack and sometimes my heart isnt even beating that fast either but I have every other symptom like the feeling of that im going to die, head pains, racing thoughts and memory blanks/feeling that im going mad.
It used to really scare me because I alway associated panic attacks with a racing heart and breathlessness but ive been told that what I keep experiancing is panic attacks.:shrug:

dodo
02-11-10, 19:13
So how do your panic attacks manifest then?

I am like Vixxy, I tend to hold my breath and breathe from the top of my chest. That is just as bad.