PDA

View Full Version : new member

Diane
13-03-06, 22:00
Hi everyone

I came accross this site while searching for info on anti-depressant withdrawal symptoms, has anyone been on cipromil?

Alexandra
13-03-06, 22:02
Hi Diane

Welcome to the forum

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Re your question i have'nt been on the tablets you mention but im sure others on here have.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
13-03-06, 22:03
Hi Diane,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
13-03-06, 22:06
Hi Diane

Welcome aboard.

Try this post ....
Citalopram, Cipramil, Escitalopram & Lexapro (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1949)

I have never been on it but others have.

Hope we can be of help.

You say you are withdrawing? Has this been done very slowly?

Nicola

Diane
13-03-06, 22:11
I came off of them gradually, over the last 3 months, I am in the 3rd week of taking none, still feel a bit strange & spaced out.
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Diane

Welcome aboard.

Try this post ....
Citalopram, Cipramil, Escitalopram & Lexapro (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1949)

I have never been on it but others have.

Hope we can be of help.

You say you are withdrawing? Has this been done very slowly?

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 13 March 2006 : 22:06:00</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

MOWMAN
13-03-06, 22:15
Hi there,
Yes i was on cipromil for about 4 years (plus others prior to that), i came off them last year and withdrawal was very difficult and slow, i reduced very gradually by curtting up tablets and reducing by say 10mg weekly over 2-3 months, whatever you do DO NOT STOP TAKING THEM cold turkey; even after a long withdrawal i still had post medication problems, one of which was fatty deposits in my liver giving similar symptoms to gall stones, not 100% sure but was likely to be long term toxins in the body.
Since then i developed blackouts in november and subsequent dizzy spells and a whole host of other symptoms common to anxiety/panic,

At the end of the day, long term use of antidepressants in my experience numbs you to reality and kills your emotions to lifes events, i became a zombie, and came to the point of facing the world again on my own.

Hope this helps, if you want to know anything else please dont be afraid to ask.
Andy

Diane
13-03-06, 22:34
I feel a trip to the Doc's coming on Andy!! I have good & bad days but feel I am coping pretty well, the depression I can deal with as I'm also going through the menopause woop de woo [:P] What I hate is the spaced out feeling I wish that would go!

hunny_as
13-03-06, 22:59
hi ya you will get lot of help and make new friends i know i have

hope your well
tack care
amanda xx

sal
13-03-06, 23:08
Hi Diane

Welcome to the site. I am on cipramil, i tried it once about 4 years ago and it made me ill but with the guidance and support of another doctor about 3 years ago tried it again, started on a lower dose and persevered as i trusted her and knew i wasnt making progress on my own. I benefitted and if i look back to how i was i can see how well it helped me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Diane
13-03-06, 23:08
thanks Amanda, everyone has been lovely.
I am feeling pretty good now and how are you

sal
13-03-06, 23:12
Hi Daine

Pleased you are on site if you want to talk i am here for you.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

clickaway
13-03-06, 23:14
Hi Diane,

Just to say 'welcome', and its great to see you getting good advice already.

Cheers,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Diane
13-03-06, 23:15
Sal,

My doctor was great too, the cipromil really helped me get through a bad time in my life but now is the time for me to get through things on my own, it's not easy but if things get rough again I know I can always go back. Are you still taking cipromil now?

Diane
13-03-06, 23:19
Good night all and thank you for a lovely and friendly welcome, the site is now in my favorites folder, I will be back x

sal
13-03-06, 23:23
Yeah i am hun trying to go down from 60 to 40 mg but even that scares me but if i look to how i was i know the time is right to try it out and like you say if it gets too tough i can always go back to where i was on them.

Best of luck and here to listen if you ever want to talk.

Love Sal xx

Diane
13-03-06, 23:40
thanks Sal, it makes a huge difference having a good doctor doesn't it, as i said to mine the other day "Thank you for your support I will wear it always"

sal
13-03-06, 23:46
So true and i know i was lucky to find a great doctor in the one i see now as before that it was like pulling teeth.

Keep in touch here if you want to talk.

Love Sal xx

Paddington
14-03-06, 11:53
just to say hello and welcome.i haven't taken it myself,was never offered it!Sounds like you have a good dr[love the bit bout support and always wearin it,ha ha ha ha]take care,love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Meg
14-03-06, 13:36
HI Diane

Gladf you have agood doctor and have come off them slowly enough to be reasonably comfortable

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress