PDA

View Full Version : In an anxious state

WillyB
01-11-10, 22:45
The other night whilst i was drunk I did something very embarrassing. We had a laugh about it but as the days have gone by Im much more embarrassed, and its not something that will blow over. Ive had a terrible 2 days feeling rough, full of anxiety, feeling ill. I know i shouldnt drink, and i know i was too drunk. I know its time to sort myself out. Im not a heavy drinker, but since ive started university ive found i have to drink more in social situations. I was so drunk i dont remember a lot of the night, all i drank was beer, but i have never been so drunk off beer before. I had one paracetamol tablet about 2 hours before i started drinking, could this be the cause of why i was so intoxicated? Aside from that, im having major doubts about university. Ive been here for nearly 2 months and i havent enjoyed it very much. Ive spent that last 2 days panicking and just feeling sick about my life. Ive been on the verge of tears. I dont know what to do with myself, if i drop out now ill be such a failure and would have lost so much money. I hate where im living (halls), i havent had a decent nights sleep here. I feel so depressed, im finding it so hard to talk to people and i feel so lonely. I feel i just need to rant a bit, seeing my troubles written down gives me some sort of relief.

Anyone else going through or has gone through similar problems? its nice to read im not alone. Thank you

paula lynne
01-11-10, 22:52
Hi, weve all done something or other in drink that we are embarrassed about. I hope the situation blows over.
I doubt the paracetamol had much to do with how you feel, its more likely to be the quantity you drunk. However, mixing alcohol and painkillers is dangerous.
Alcohol and anxiety dont really mix, not if you have too much....maybe cut down on the amount, Im sure youll still be able to have fun nights out. As for Uni, can you talk to a councellor/tutor? Best wishes x

WillyB
01-11-10, 23:44
Thanks Paula, i really do need to cut down the amount i drink, its just in social situations i always have to be supping something or holding a drink in my hand to make myself less awkward. I have had so few nights that ive gone out, even to a friends for a bit where i havent drunk anything, at least a few drinks. Ill try switch to water or something. As for Uni i think i will talk to my tutor, i really need to get my head sorted before i go any further.