PDA

View Full Version : Frightened and feeling so alone

jillyb
02-11-10, 07:21
I am in such a state ... I have my routine mammogram tomorrow. Ever since I got the letter I have been in a terrible anxiety state. I can't sleep, I feel sick, I can't eat, I am crying all the time and having panic attack and after panic attack. I should be going to work today but I just can't face it. I know all the answers in my head, but my mind just won't listen to reason. I am having cbt but had only had 2 sessions when the letter arrived. My husband is getting so frustrated with me ... he just can't understand why I am in such a state. I feel so alone with this and so frightened. Why can't I just accept things? Other people just seem to be able to get on with things and they certainly don't get into the state I do. I hate being like this and I know I am the only one that can change it, but I don't seem to have any resources left. I am totally overwhelmed and exhausted.

joans60
02-11-10, 08:51
Hi There
I get the same as you when I have got to go to the hospital for any tests I get myself into a right state
You will be fine just keep doing some deep breathing and it should help to calm you down.

Joanx

Diva
02-11-10, 08:56
Hi Jilly
I am exactly the same as you - I can't even bring myself to register with a GP. We are so silly I know.
I did have a mammogram about four years ago (one of the few tests I've actually ever had) and I must admit the test itself was fine.
Best thing to do today is try and relax, deep breathing is the best - hard I know - but you are not alone, we are all here. xx

jillyb
02-11-10, 09:13
Thanks for your support ... I just couldn't face work today. I know I should have gone but I am just so worn down with anxiety. x

Diva
02-11-10, 09:15
I know hun, it's very tiring isn't it, try and relax - watch a bit of telly or do the ironing! - I'll check in with you later xx

Diva
02-11-10, 20:38
Hi Jillybean - How are you doing?

Just think, this time tomorrow, it'll all be done.

Do let me know how you get on and remember that deep breathing, it really helps.

xx

SickofIt
03-11-10, 10:33
Everyone had great advice. The breathing really does help.

I commend you for doing this - I haven't been able to bring myself to do this yet:lac: and it's embarrassing. I am so afraid of what the results might bring.

sparkles71
03-11-10, 20:00
Hi, I feel exactly the same & i think most of us do, so dont be too hard on yourself. hope you are feeling a little better & good luck :hugs:

paula lynne
03-11-10, 20:02
Will be thinking of you tomorrow Jilly, all the best...let us know how you get on x