PDA

View Full Version : seroquel 200xr

bomberbeamish
02-11-10, 08:18
i take seroquel 200mg xr everynite, im noticeing alot of health changes, sweating, shaking weight gain, restless leg, jolting, i wanna wean myself off, i will talk to doc but would like any one experinece pls.

ElizabethJane
02-11-10, 15:42
Hi Bomber I have never taken seroquel. I was wondering whether you feel better and ready to come off your meds. You could suggest to your doctor that you try a lower dose for a while to see how you get on? Is it something that you have to withdraw slowly from or can you stop 'cold turkey'? Best wishes anyway. EJ.

Jebdog
02-11-10, 17:40
Like ADs you should try and come off seroquel slowly with a taper plan, that way you reduce the likelihood any possible withdrawal effects. What do you take seroquel for? You have to weigh these new symptoms vs what your treating? How is the duloxetine going?

MysticalParadox
14-11-10, 18:27
Hi,

I was put on Ketipinor 25mg (seroquel in uk) a few months back and was told to take 2 before bed..when i take 2 i get really painful legs and they are really restless..told my doc and he said to take 1 a night, it still makes my legs ache but i just cant get a good sleep without them.
I dread taking them every evening is there another similar med i could ask for?

Meds:

Cipralex 20mg
Ketipinor 25mg

cuddles!!

bomberbeamish
15-11-10, 13:54
yes i get restless legs,, and it drives me mad, it can be one of the side effects,, it should go,, or you can get creams,

lentils
15-11-10, 16:48
hi bb i take 300mgs of seroquel xr every night get the sweating and had the weight gain but no jolting been on them about 2 years they are notorius for weight gain can i ask what was you put on them for couldnt have been for panic attacks for that high dose ..lentils ... :)

MysticalParadox
17-11-10, 10:08
does the leg pain go after a while then??

bomberbeamish
22-11-10, 09:29
well leg pain anit gone for me yet, it comes and goes, and lentils, im on it for panic , anixety and intusive thoughts

Rodion
21-12-10, 21:03
I started seroquel xr last week, originally 300mg for a manic episode but increased to 800mg now. I found that at lower doses the side effects worse than higher doses. However I also started 3 mg clonazepam at the same time. This was in a psychiatric ward and now i'm home they feel quite strong. I was also surprised the head doctor wants me on them for 2 years! I was diagnosed with shcizoaffective disorder, has any one else been diagnosed with this? Side effects usually go after a few weeks, I know thats sounds like a long time but I found they do disappear and the voices and people chasing me have dissapeared. Maybe you could try olanzepine peopl seem to tolerate it more. Good luck and make sure you taper if you stop unless your doc says otherwise.