PDA

View Full Version : breast lump, being referred to breast clinic!

jazz25
02-11-10, 13:16
After months of trying to ignore the lump on the outer side of my left breast, i finally went to gp to check it and give me some reassurance, it is sometimes very tender leading up to menstruation and it is not really hard which she said were both good signs but wants to refer me for reassurance , but I have come away from the appointment feeling dreadful, like its gonna turn out to be bad, I'm now gonna be anxiously waiting for the appointment letter in the post. My anxiety has gone through the roof. I thought I was starting to move on from worrying bout my health and now its back with a vengeance, I'm poking and prodding everywhere again and feel awful! Needed to get that off my chest ( no pun intended)

debs71
02-11-10, 13:41
Oh, I can truly sympathise jazz.

I have just experienced the same. I went to my Gp a couple of weeks ago with a lot of pain in my right breast. She examined me and actually found a small lump in my left breast and referred me urgently to the hospital for a mammogram. I waited anxiously for two weeks, my head boggling as I hadn't felt any distinctive pain, just the normal menstrual breast pains, so had no clue anything was up with that breast.

I went last Thursday to the breast surgery clinic where I was examined by a Doctor who said she couldn't know find any lump but it was distictly lumpier than the right breast so sent me for an ultrasound (she didn't feel I needed a mammogram) to check it out. I had the ultrasound yesterday which shows I have several 'micro cysts' in my breast which are tiny and apparently not worth draining at the moment so I suppose they will just keep an eye on them.

PLEASE, PLEASE BE REASSURED BY ONE THING HUN.....when I was being examined in the hospital the doctor informed me that breast cancers NEVER HURT, that is a big clue as to the difference between them and cysts/fibrous changes in the breast due to hormones.

Please try not to worry yourself sick again as I am certain you will be ok.

Let us know how you get on.xxx

jazz25
02-11-10, 14:59
Thankyou for taking the time to reply, i appreciate it, and your response is reassuring. I am dreading going there but the waiting for an appointment is the worst bit, as from now until then I will be convincing myself of the worst. The doc said to me that pain is not associated with cancerous lumps but now I'm sitting here and it doesn't hurt today and I'm getting worried again. I just need to be optimistic and look at the other possible causes , but good old anxiety refuses to allow me lol. Glad your experience turned out to be nothing too serious, I hope I can report back something positive too x

nigela
07-11-10, 14:32
Hi I too am awaiting to be seen at a breast clinic. I woke up 4 weeks ago with dreadful hot searing pain thru rt breast-it had been tingling and itching for 20 months but 2 doctors just dismissed it. I cannot believe that I am still waiting for the apt but the clinic is well behind having been closed down a while ago for not testing people properly!
It stings during the day but not all the time. I had shown them a disc like lump -that to me had grown. had a mamo a year ago and told ok. You do hear of things being missed tho. The worry is doing me in.
know how you are feeling. people tell me that C does not cause pain but I have heard from people with it that it can.
I also think i can feel a node in my collar bone now after much prodding about
Nigela