PDA

View Full Version : I am new

Tracyh
13-03-06, 22:51
well I will start by saying it is so nice to find a site where nobody is judged ( thats quite rare ) I better say a bit about myself I am 35 mum of 3 and a wife.I have suffered from depression ,anxiety and social problems for many years but after my first child was born it got worse. I didnt want to admit I had a problem pride shame etc.I carried on and it got worse, until I admitted defeat and asked for help. I have been on most types of medication, at the moment I am on Efexor.They seem to be ok and I am having good days as well as the bad ones.I find I get very frustrated with myself for feeling like this, I used to have a good job lots of friends oh and a life.I hope I have more good days :)

hunny_as
13-03-06, 22:57
hi ya tracy i hopr you well, you will get lots of help on here and make lots of new friends this web site has helped me out so much. i hope it dose the same for you.

hope your well and tack care

amanda xx

trac67
13-03-06, 23:09
Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sal
13-03-06, 23:11
Hi Tracy

Pleased you have found this site and you are so right it is great not to be judged or questioned about how you feel.

It is hard when you lose things through this illness that is rarely understand, but we are all here to support and help you through this and you will come out a much stronger person. But remember having 3 children is a great job in itself and there arent many people who could hold their hands up to coping like you have.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

clickaway
14-03-06, 00:43
Just welcoming you aboard, Tracy.

We are all here for one another here, and I hope you get a load of positive support from us.

Cheers,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Paddington
14-03-06, 11:48
hi Tracey,glad you found us!I have 3 chidren,grown up now,and i too raised them whilst suffering with this disorder.i remember my eldest son asking the dr if i was going mad,that was 18yrs ago!well i haven't gone mad[feels that way some times]and there have been really good and positive times too,i went to uni and became a communicator for deaf people ,and worked all over the place!so it needn't ruin everything!I have had a bad time the past few years as i took on too much,more courses,and i had cancer[so far so good]this ended with me having the panics again,But i know they will go ,and so will yours.we are all here to support each other ,it;s the best club in the world[even if it is one we didn't exactly want to join!]Take care,love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Meg
14-03-06, 13:38
Hello Tracey and welcome

Glad you are having good days too.

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Alexandra
14-03-06, 13:39
Hi Tracy

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Tracyh
14-03-06, 15:40
Thanks all for a lovely welcome :D

Piglet
14-03-06, 15:55
A big welcome to the site:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Coni
14-03-06, 16:26
Hi Tracey,

I'm new to this site also and its been great. I'm sure youll find great support too. I'm also a mum of 3 (hard work eh?) and although I managed to get back to work after a 7 month absence I'm seriously questioning whether my job is 'right for me' as its very stressful and I find it almost impossible to switch off at the end of the day (not the best thing for a chronic worrier like me). Like someones already said being a mum is a job in itself and youre doing great. I do understand the frustration bit though. I too get angry and frustrated with myself.

Anyway glad to meet you.
Take care
Coni

nomorepanic
14-03-06, 18:38
Hi Tracy,

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Please feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

sueiamnew
14-03-06, 19:43
Hi Tracy and welcome to the site.

BoxerMad
14-03-06, 19:55
Hi Tracy
welcome to no more panic.

solota
17-03-06, 11:08
Hi,

I'm 39 and feel exactly the same as you in every sense.

Hope we find some kind of help here !!

Love
Tammyx