PDA

View Full Version : floaters..am I going blind

chevychaser
13-03-06, 23:01
These little floater dots and smoke like squiggles are really scary....always there. Am I going blind. Please let me know if anyone else gets them....please

hunny_as
13-03-06, 23:07
hi ya i dont get the dots but i have truble with my eyes when i bend down and get back up my eyes sight gose compleatly balck but it dose come back evenually, also my eyes will feel odd can explan the odd thing just odd. and also they will go blurry and stuff wich scars me even more. hope this helps some how.

i am sorry your not feeling to bright
hope you feel better soon tack care
amanda xx

katyfitz
14-03-06, 00:00
i know what u mean by floaters they happebn to me more when i watch tv and go outside. ur not alone

Dan21
14-03-06, 08:30
I think everyone gets them. I even remember a famous musician writing about them in his biography! SO no, I'm fairly sure you arent going blind!!

Take care,

Dan

Farr06
14-03-06, 12:22
I get the flashing zig zags, especially when I get home after being outside. Like little blue and white lightning flashes, is this what you guys mean?

Anxiety Is Evil

Karen
14-03-06, 20:35
These are quite common; Have a look at these posts:

FLOATERS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2211)
Floaters (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4556)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

nomorepanic
14-03-06, 20:38
I have had them too in the past.

For complete reassurance then get them checked by optician and if all ok then it is anxiety I am afraid to say.

Nicola

Emmie
15-03-06, 18:21
Hiya,
i get these too all the time. My eyes also go blurry all the time and seem extra sensitive to light but ive had them checked by the opticians and he says i have 20/20 vision. lol. I get scared too but i think it is just anxiety.
Em x

shiv
15-03-06, 22:36
Hiya
Could be migraine as well you know- you don't always get the headaches y'know. I get these now and then- you will get used to them I promise.
I spoke to a girl once who's anxiety got so bad, she would actually go temporarily deaf!! So I know it doesn't seem like it but it could be worse.
Shiv x

Ma Larkin
16-03-06, 09:53
Hi Shiv, these are quite common with me, not all the time, but a few times a week, normally around tea time, early evening. I saw my GP about them & he put it down to lack of sleep with a combination of meds. He said they are really common & nothing to worry about.

Les

lfb
16-03-06, 17:39
i got them all the time ..it driving me nuts...been to doctore saay it nothing to worry about and it will go again..

kefola
16-03-06, 17:40
I have my one in my left eye. its arrival coincided exactly with my bout of anxiety and needless to say caused me plenty of panicky moments. They can also be caused by anti-depressants if you are taking those.
I think they are one of those things you probably never even noticed before but when you are on edge - you magnify their significance. I hardly notice mine at all now.
Everybody has them to some degree especially if you look at a clear blue sky (not likely with this weather). Unfortunately, us anxiety people find it hard to ignore the things everybody else never pass any remarks on.

lfb
16-03-06, 17:41
oo by the way doctor told me i would not go blind you ..i had this on and off for over 5 years now and at moment..gone them in both eyes grrrrrrr it as pain a know but you not on your own

Katycat
20-03-06, 12:34
I have one in my left eye which came on last year, they are very annoying, I try to ignore it but sometimes thats impossible. Mine came on after a heavy cold.

Forrest
21-03-06, 12:29
Floaters are noramal they are white blood cell crossing your vision you get more as you get older trust me i have had them since i was 12 and iam now 35 and still have perfect vision they can be a pain somtimes but you get use to them there are worse on sunny days then over cast days because of the light you can see more the also follow your vision when you move your eyes

JaneyJ
21-03-06, 13:36
I've had floaters since I started suffering with anxiety and panic attacks, which was around 3 years ago. At the time I also felt I was going to go blind, and couldn't stop myself continually looking at the sky to see if they had disappeared. This used to freak me out even more.
I've since learnt to sometimes ignore them and other times they bother me again, but just reading how common they are puts my mind at rest. My optician told me everyone has floaters, its just that I was being too observant.
I also get the squiggly stars when I look at the sky or in the snow. They look like little stars darting around in 3d effect. Its apparently the blood flowing through the eyes and called entopic phenomenom, again nothing to worry about.
Please dont worry too much, otherwise it wil totally freak you out - trust me I know!!! Eventually your brain will forget they are there.

Janey
X

Kez
21-03-06, 17:01
JaneyJ thanks so much for mentioning 'entopic phenomenon' I never knew what the flashes of light that I see sometimes were. I told my optician and she just said "oh yeh that's normal' and didn't explain any further and obviously when I spoke to my husband and he said he didn't get them I panicked! Now I know, and I can happily look at a blue sky without panicking that I'm going blind - yay! (off skiing next week so will be chuffed that I don't have to worry about the 'lights' I see in the snow etc.!!) :)

xx

Take time to smell the roses.

Silly Blonde
22-03-06, 11:25
Now that has made me feel better! I have been worrying about the little dotty floaters that I seem to notice more when driving in the sunshine!

I never ever knew that they were so common.

I guess you're all right, we health anxiety people do tend to focus on things more!!!

Starlet_24
22-03-06, 17:36
Hi--thank God others have this. I hate this. One time a few wks ago a co-worker and I went into this office room that is totally white and I couldn't stay with our conversation because the walls are white and all I could see were shooting light specs and little block dots. It was very scary.

I get these all the time. What scares me is when I last went to eye doc he said I have High Pressures in my eyes but no signs of glaucoma. I always think it the back of my mind that this is serious business. I asked my mother if she got them and she said NO. I don't understand. They are very annoying.

I really notice them when looking at white surfaces and the sky!

Maybe that's why I named myself Starlet because of all the stars I see!:D

Good Luck and Be blessed!

Starlet

boy
23-03-06, 00:43
I thnk I've had the dots a few times. Are they cells int he eye? Not sure if we're talking baout the same thing. Glad you're reassured!