PDA

View Full Version : only me??!

Catherine Hemming
14-03-06, 00:55
anyone else convinced they have terrible disease like cjd instead of normal old anxiety/depression? feedback much appreciated!

cathy s
16-04-06, 18:01
no, but I will worry about manic depression. If I'm in a really good mood i get suspicious and worry incase I get into mania. ( I have never had a history of this) I find if I remind myself it's the anxiety that is making me worry and that there isn't really a problem, it helps (it's hard to remember this!). But I understand how we can be convinced of something by finding bits of evidence that convince ourselves what we are actually suffering from the imagined illnesses.

wendy
16-04-06, 18:39
Hi Catherine

I can switch between Heart attack, stroke, dying and numerous other diseases within minutes so a defo "yes" from me

Wendy x

Two heads
17-04-06, 11:04
Yes i a bit like you wendy!Horrible i known,and trying to change the thought process is so hard!

angie3077
17-04-06, 16:30
YEP, always think its the worse possible thing!

Angie x

joanne w
01-07-06, 11:37
i always think its the worst possible thing too!
jo xx

j waring

PurpleRain
01-07-06, 15:42
Ditto...
If ive a headache then its a brain tumour...If i feel a twinge in my arm its a heart attack....If i have a pain in my leg then ive DVT...oh the list goes on.
I must say though i am improving and ive found regular relaxation helps along with learning more about how anxiety affects us physically!

Take care xx

nanny
07-05-07, 08:00
hi all

Yep i'm the same always worry i have something or another!!!
it drives me crazy

Alabasterlyn
08-05-07, 11:21
I'm the same too, always think I have something really serious wrong with me and it varies from day to day :weep: