PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm New =)

StephieC981
14-03-06, 01:07
Hello everyone,

I am someone who has been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for less than a year, I am still trying to figure everything out and come to terms with it. I felt ok for the past few months, I took myself off lexapro (i now know I shouldn't have done that) and stopped seeing my counselor. I thought i was fine...and then four days ago the panic hit again. It was so bad I had to leave work and I haven't gone back. I know that I need to get back to work and do normal things again, I don't want to develop agoraphobia (I can already feel it, I don't want to go out at all, or to the store or anywhere). I hope that with a few days off and going back to the counselor, I can get myself back to work at least.

There are many good ideas on this forum, I am glad I found it, and I look forward to talking with others who understand my feelings.

-Stephanie
Austin, TX

andrew england 2
14-03-06, 02:39
welcome to nmp steph

I like your my space page :-)

nice place texas

best wishes

andrew

StephieC981
14-03-06, 06:55
Thankyou Andrew

Karen
14-03-06, 08:15
Hi Stephie

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here. Hope seeing the counsellor again will help you back on the road to recovery.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

trac67
14-03-06, 08:27
Hi Stephi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
14-03-06, 09:52
Hi Stephie

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Paddington
14-03-06, 10:44
hi there!so glad you are goin back to see your councellor.this is the nature of anxiety disorders it seems,gone one day then creeps up on yer ,it's a pig of a thing!but you are doin the right thing,and will soon be back on track i'm sure,You are in the right place here that;s for sure!take care ,love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Meg
14-03-06, 13:41
Hello Steph

Well done for finding us.

Sounds like you stopped your help all at once. You may still need some support to help you through the last bits.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

lin
14-03-06, 15:15
Hi Steph

Welcome to the forum you will get great help and support.

I know what you are going through i've had anxiety/panic attacks for 4yrs now. I'm sure you will be fine just think positive that you will get better.

take care
linda x

Ma Larkin
14-03-06, 15:36
Hi Stephanie, welcome to NMP. I've just hit my 12 month milestone of anxiety. Luckily, I haven't touched on the social anxiety side of it. I feel better around people. I'm going to the doctors tonight as I feel its time I went on medication of some sort. I have relied on a short-term medication to take the edge off panic attacks, but am really suffering at the moment from an anxious feeling that's with me 24/7.

You'll meet some great people with loads of advice and reassurance.

Take care.

Les

Piglet
14-03-06, 15:56
A big welcome to you :D

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

kairen
14-03-06, 17:29
Hi Stephie

and welcome to the forum, go back to docs and have a chat im sure they will be helpful, coming off meds suddely is never a good idea, no matter how good you feel, im sure its just a blip and you'll find your feet again soon.

kairen x

tnt808
14-03-06, 17:33
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of useful advice and friendly people here!

Tina

clickaway
14-03-06, 18:13
Hi Stephanie and welcome.

Please at least breathe the fresh air outside your front door in the days before seeing your counsellor.

That won't hurt you.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
14-03-06, 18:32
Hi Stephanie

A warm welcome aboard. Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

jodie
14-03-06, 18:46
hi stephanie

i am sure u will find lots of help on this site .
i have been looking at some of the posts for about 10 days now and allready i feel loads better just to know that there is other people with the same feelings i get and people on hear are so so so kind allways ready to help

jodie xxx

if u feel your anxiety starting log on to this site and read throughsome posts relating to how you feel it will put your mind at rest:)

sueiamnew
14-03-06, 19:39
Hi Stephanie and welcome!

Friend30
14-03-06, 20:15
hi stephanie, welcome to this site.You'll feel alot less alone on here as everyone is friendly, supportive and knows what you're going through.
for the last few days i've been churned up with my nerves again. Its taken me about 8 years to learn to stop trying to avoid panic and accept panicx for what it is when it rears its ugly head so my advice would be, don't try to hurry yourself better to get back to work to distract yourself unless you're ready. Allow yourself time to heal. Take Care

Lydia x x