PDA

View Full Version : Claustraphobia

NataLie23
02-11-10, 23:05
Think I might have claustrophobia any one else suffer from this or any advice would be nice thanks

ann88
03-11-10, 00:02
I've just replied to your other thread... I too have claustrophobia, although mine is based on panic attacks and the fear of having one where I am unable to escape from the situation/get medical help. for example, I would be fine going in a lift if I was 100% sure that it wasnt going to break down and leave me trapped in there. Sorry I can't really offer any advice but just wanted to reassure you that there are millions of people all over the world who suffer from this, and I'm sure many of them will be on this forum!

NataLie23
03-11-10, 00:19
I've got exactly what you've got it's the fear of bein somewhere were I can't escape just incase I have I panic attack. I like to know I can get out, no I don't think I have claustrophobia because I can do little things .I think Im just scared of having another attack hence why I don't travel far and don't like feeling trapped, but I'm interested what your problems am ? It's comforting to know u know how I feel

ann88
03-11-10, 01:10
Hi again! To be honest I don't like to say I have chlaustrophobia because if I put a label on everything I have I sound like a right nutcase... panic attacks, generalised anxiety disorder, chlaustrophobia, agorophobia, the list goes on...! I am 22 and had my first panic attack when I was 18. It scared the life out of me and they gradually became more and more regular. I also started getting ectopic heartbeats which scared me even more, and I convinced myself that there was something serious wrong with me. To this day i still havent got rid of this underlying fear that there is something wrong with my heart. When I have a panic attack my heart races so fast that I'm sure it's going to give up on me. I flew to New Zealand when I was 16 and wasnt anxious at all, but now even the thought of it makes me anxious. As I've had more and more panic attacks, my list of places i feel safe has got smaller and smaller so that now just being a few miles away from home makes me feel panicky. Does that sound anything like you? :)

NataLie23
03-11-10, 01:20
Yep it's like I've wrote it, I've done things in the past I sought dare do now 4 yes ago I travelled to Blackpool I was anxious all the way but I was ok the thought now makes me sick , I too have irregular heartbeat now n agen which makes me think I'm gonna heart failure I have a fast heart beat any way which obviously makes things worse , but there's nothing wrong with my heart ,it's just the anxiety we got I winder if wel ever overcome it. No matter what I do makes it worse : and my safe zone it's getting smaller and I freak out on the thought of what if I have one at home I'd go crazy what happens then? I wanna do so much I too have lost friends cause of it cause I couldn't do the things they could I got jealous and angry , I don't do much now which is making me depressed if I don't sort it out I'm gonna get depression nag get full blown agrophaphobia. Wer are you from ? X