PDA

View Full Version : Neeed advice

tricia56
03-11-10, 10:53
hi i suffer will health anxiety as well as general and social anxiety for awhile now and because i have a cough and bringing up flem and a bit of sore throat im cant stop worrieng about it and dont know wat s the best thing to do to over come the fear of bieng ill do i run to my doctors yet again or ring hns direct up or is it best to exept im alittle bit poorly and just see it thro as i dont know the best way to help me over come my fear of health anxiety so any advice would be very grateful

paula lynne
03-11-10, 10:55
Hi Tricia, if the phlelm isnt clear, (ie brown, yellow or green) you need to see your gp as it sounds like infection and you may need anti-biotics to clear it. Get well soon x

paula lynne
03-11-10, 11:02
hiya fed uptohere, thats why I said she may need antibiotics. If breathing is compromised, then the gp may prescribe them anyway, as a matter of precaution.

nanny
03-11-10, 12:14
Hi i suffer with chest infections and my doc always asks if the phlem is green that i am coughing up, if it is she always checks me out and i get given antibiotics.
BUT................ thats me, and doesn't mean the same for everyone.

Tricia, maybe your just in for a cold but if your chest does start hurting when coughing or breathing then maybe just get checked out, it can't do any harm for the dr to take a look.
Get well soon.