PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new and anxious all the time!!!

scamper
03-11-10, 14:53
Hi, have been reading some of the comments and is helpful to know that other people are feeling the same. Feels like groundhog day around here!!1 Every day feels like a chore, just want to be the old rach again, I have a one year old beautifull little boy and feel like I shouldn't be like this. Feel scared of going mad all the time. My little boy had heart failure before he was born he is fine now, then our pet dog growlwed in his face and i was made to keep the dog out of guilkt for three months. Tehn I was taken into hospital with blood disorder put on steroids which nearly drove me around the twist so this is where I.m at. Dropping off a course i started because it seems to be making me more anxious - have just started on new tablets and am petrified of taking meds only usually last three days then stoip get too anxious. Can't win, on zoloft 50mg 2nd day doctor has told mre to take them at night instead am petrified.

diane07
03-11-10, 14:54
Hi scamper

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

catcat
03-11-10, 16:40
Hi, welcome-I'm new too- it sounds as if you're having a tough time. Can relate to groundhog day- but anxiety does seem to vary a lot day by day at least for me- let's hope for a better day tomorrow. Personally I have found meds to be useful. good luck

Vanilla Sky
03-11-10, 21:03
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

shaz14
03-11-10, 21:08
Hi Rach

I'm in a similar situation to you...my son was 1 yesterday and I feel I've spent the whole first year of his life being anxious and panicking. For example I feel so guilty that he has never been swimming as I can't find the courage to take him. I tried for 10 months after he was born without meds but got so ill in the end that I've started on them. Was petrified to take them however and now need to increase the dose but am so scared to do that!!! I also feel like I'm going mad :-( It's so miserable but I know I must keep fighting to get well for the sake of my little one.
Take care and good luck with the meds, try and stick with them if you can, what have you got to lose?

paula lynne
03-11-10, 21:10
Hiya and welcome, youre not alone x :welcome:

scamper
03-11-10, 21:17
Hi Shaz, thanks so much for your reply know it sounds bad but comforting to know there is another me out there!! I know how you feel, every week I think I diagnose myself with new phobias really is not good. The one good thing is my little boy, he is a ray of sunshine coming through the dark clouds. Don't feel bad about not going swimming there is plenty of time, I find that going out sometimes takes my mind off of it (sometimes). I feel like people can tell how I'm feeling even though i know they can't! The thing is with the tablets is I have now created a block so bit stuck, end up getting myself so anxious over tablets i don't see the point.
I'm here for a chat whenever your free, lets conquer this fear together everyone!!! We can beat it, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Get to the swimming baths and face the fear. :flowers:

scamper
03-11-10, 21:18
Although saying that I'm dropping off my college course...... is really crap. x

shaz14
03-11-10, 21:47
Lol...don't worry about college atm, concentrate on getting yourself well and the rest will come in time. You sound more positive already though in your last post :)

I understand about your tabs. It took me 10 months to start taking mine. And then it was kind of a last resort thing where I knew I had to try something as was going from bad to worse. A few months ago I was prescribed anti-biotics for an ear infection and it took me 3 days to pluck up the courage to take those! If you think you can manage without the meds then by all means give it a go but sometimes you have to think what have you got to lose, you may even feel a bit better. And you can always stop them if they are making you worse. Thats what I told myself anyway :)

My son is the only thing that keeps me going most days...he makes me remember what smiling is :D Anyway I check in here everyday for some sanity that I'm not going mad alone so would love to keep in touch with how you are.

Tomorrow I am going for the first time to my local children's centre for an afternoon play...hope I don't have a PA there in front of all the 'normal' mums! My anxiety will be through the roof but it's a step in the right direction, onwards and upwards! What are you suffering with and for how long? PM me if you like.