PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Problems & Heartbeat

Kell
03-11-10, 15:49
Hi,

I had posted about this subject on the medication section but thought that more people might get to see it on here. I hope that's ok.

I've really been struggling with my sleep & strange heart sensations this past week or so.

I increased my dosage of Venlafaxine a few weeks ago from 75mg to 150mg & ever since have been really conscious of my heart beating faster & harder. At the same time I've been waking alot during the night & early in the morning as when I wake up the first thing that I notice is my heart thumping away. I barely slept a wink last night.

It's not really causing me to feel any more anxious, I'm just a bit concerned that it may be due to my medication. I'd been on 37.5mg for ages which had been increased to 75mg at the end of August. This was then increased again when I was still struggling. It only seems that I've had this issue with my heart since I started taking 150mg.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks

Kel
x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

alicegreen
03-11-10, 17:54
Is it listed as a side effect?
I have no experience of this drug myself, but it could be a side effect that settles as you get used to the higher dose. How fast is your heart rate when you are noticing it?

Kell
04-11-10, 10:03
It is listed as a side effect but then anything & everything is listed as a side effect! I guess they have to cover themselves don't they?