PDA

View Full Version : Should I take another pill?

jillyb
03-11-10, 20:46
Took a diazepam (my first) at 4.30pm. I only took one 2mg (it said 1 to 2). I have a bit of a headache now (hubby says that'll be the stress and tension of going to the mammo) and am feeling shaky. Could it be that the diazepam is wearing off and should I take another one now, or wait a bit. Please can someone advise me. Thanks x

paula lynne
03-11-10, 20:50
Hi Jilly, if you need sleep desperately, you could take one more, as your gp has said. However, you may have a fuzzy head tomorrow.
I wonder if your hubby could give you a nice neck massage..may well relax you and help with your headache? x

Vixxy
03-11-10, 20:54
Try having a nice warm bath or shower and then see how you feel. :)

jillyb
03-11-10, 20:54
Feeling really shaky now - is it anxiety? Perhaps I should take another one. It's horrid. Also realised I haven't eaten so am having a bowl of cereal.

Diva
03-11-10, 20:56
Well done for going - you deserve a big pat on the back.

Please remember it was just a routine check and try not to worry - I wish I was as brave as you, I haven't had a smear for 14 years. I'm really trying to pluck up the courage to book one!

The radiographer sounds horrid, did you tell her you were anxious? Why are some of these people so horrid??? Your husband sounds lovely 'though.

If it makes you feel better, then take the extra pill as you GP said two are ok, but I think the massage sounds much better!

xx

paula lynne
hopefully its a dip on your sugar levels then Jilly, if we dont eat for 3/4 hrs, adrenalin is released, causing anxiety symptoms. Hope you feel better soon x

Vixxy
Anxiety will make you shaky. A beta blocker will hopefully sort that out and theyre not addictive. Ask your doc about them next time you're there.

jillyb
03-11-10, 21:02
Vixxy, I haven't been to the doctors for years (another part of the phobia!) I just rang up and asked for a prescription. I also self-referred myself for cbt. Avoidance, avoidance, avoidance! It took me ages to take the diazepam (yes, another phobia of meds) so I don't think I could do the beta blockers yet! What a mess I am. Thanks everyone for your support - boy do I need it! x

countrygirl
03-11-10, 21:29
2mg of diazepam is a tiny dose so you can safely take another one - you can get diazepam in different dosage pills and the next one is 5mg in one go so nothing to worry about.

I find with me they don't last for long if I take one which is rare, about half hour after I have taken it I feel very drunk headed in a nice sort of way that lasts about 20 mins then nothing. I know other people who take one and are spaced out all day lucky them!

Timbo
03-11-10, 21:32
Sounds like a combination of your anxiety of what you've been through, anxiety about the meds and low blood sugar level. Would suggest a bath/massage first but with the comfort that you know the diazepam will work if you need it. But do use it if you need it, they were made after all to help people with anxiety so that you can then do the mental bit to help avoid it in the future - bit like putting a support bandage on a sprained wrist!

dodo
03-11-10, 21:59
When i had a period of high anxiety i was taking three a day and eventually weaned myself down to one a day and then off. I took them for a week. So very safe to take another now, I would say the effects are wearing off.

jillyb
03-11-10, 22:43
Think it must have been low blood sugar as felt better once I'd had something to eat. Now getting my head around taking another tablet - how stupid am I? I took one at 4.30 and nothing horrid happened. so how come I feel anxious again at the thought of taking another one? Why do I live in a 'well it might have been ok last time, but that was last time, things might be bad this time' world. Guess that's anxiety for you! Once again, thanks for your support x:)